Sunset from my place

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Magixshoe,

I guess on the overall you should keep the image down to a selection of 1 or 2 if it is of the same scene. Be very selective about your shots. Only this way would you learn to see things in a way unique not to others but to yourself.

A photographer is an artist, and an artist creates by inspiration. Previsualisation of a scene before snapping the shutter is of paramount importance to getting the decisive moment. Even if you are unsure of which is the best shot because of the changing light, always take time to select after that. Don't hesitate to discard pictures in a series that doesn't meet up to standards.

Don't expect others to choose for you because no one sees it better than you do.

;) ;) ;)
Andy Ho

http://andyho.clubsnap.org/gallery/

ok thankx andy

sometimes i feel that selecting pictures are more diffcult than taking one

HI ANdy,

you have a very beautiful collection of photos from P.Ubin. Very awesome colours and they overflow with the island lifestyle..
nice work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

;p sorry dude, used your thread to comment other's work..

paisay, your shots are not badz but seems to be under for me leh, the buildings were not totally dark also so it forms a kind of distraction to see the foreground while trying to evaluate the sunset.

good efforts though ;)

i meter on the clouds near to the sun
if i meter the whole scene then the clouds and sun will look washed out leh..

Originally posted by SniperD
HI ANdy,

you have a very beautiful collection of photos from P.Ubin. Very awesome colours and they overflow with the island lifestyle..
nice work. :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Thank you very much. I try to make it look simple so as to encourage fellow photographer to go out and shoot more great pictures.

Andy Ho

Originally posted by Andy Ho
Thank you very much. I try to make it look simple so as to encourage fellow photographer to go out and shoot more great pictures.

Andy Ho

organise a clubsnap outing trip to ubin !! your works "on eye e city" is great also

Originally posted by oceanxp
organise a clubsnap outing trip to ubin !! your works "on eye e city" is great also

Thanks. I did try to ask but there is no response. I am very much disappointed whenever I hear photographers complaining when in Pulau Ubin.

True.... it is not easy to find and photograph subjects in Pulau Ubin but it is not impossible. If there is a will, there is a way. Some complaint of bad lighting, some blame it on the rain, some say woe to the mosquitoes, some branded it monotonous but how many did actually look at themselves and say "it is me myself that failed to see the light." ??? Some of my best pictures (not posted in the page) are taken under stormy or the worst weather conditions, sometimes braving rain and mosquito bites. Visualization of a given situation is very much the photographers' responsibilities.

Back to topic Magixshoe posted... keep it down to two best ones. If you feel that it is not enough to beautify that section, go forth and shoot more. Keep shooting, try new angles, new ideas, new visions...just try.

Good luck Magixshoe.

Andy Ho

Originally posted by Andy Ho

Back to topic Magixshoe posted... keep it down to two best ones. If you feel that it is not enough to beautify that section, go forth and shoot more. Keep shooting, try new angles, new ideas, new visions...just try.

Good luck Magixshoe.

Andy Ho
yes sir! i will try more locations and various days to catch the moment:)

Hi there ShoeZZy

me too like to take sunset pics. My house faces the sunset EVERYDAY! the exciting part is that the sunset always got diff colour..just like a different mood everyday : )
When i see a nice sunset occuring, i would take off with my V3 and run ard the park/HBD's top floors to take pics of the sunset...
from different angle to different exposure and etc...we need to be fast! sunsets/sunrises actually change quite fast :p
from all these then i will choose the best of all!
You see, now i only have two pics that i really like...

http://www.pbase.com/xianghao/nature

slowly but steady i will have a large collection of diff sunsets!

hahhaa...just felt like sharing tis with you!

:bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

Yammmm.....Seng!
Ah hao

Well done wildfox,

Splendid quality there even though it's done on a very compact digicam like the V3. I've been trying to psycho my gal friend to buy one too :devil: :devil:

Hi Andy, beautiful collection of photos that encompasses the island lifestyle of Pulau Ubin. Very strong compositioin and colors, I am deeply impressed. ;)
How many trips did you make to Ubin for this collection?

Turkey.. your shoot all look under to mi!!! Try metering the sun area and then the darker area. Then set setting to abt between?
it ok to overexpos the sun .

hilo.. buck up can! get a DSLR liao still give mi this kind of shots!

nvr die b4 har!:devil:

next time try to choose 1 or 2 if they are of the same. Asking us to choose is not what I would like to give cmments to....

Status
Not open for further replies.