Sunset de Bintan

Status
Not open for further replies.

prodrive13

Aug 30, 2007
B.Panjang
www.flickr.com
Created this HDR of a sunset in Bintan @ Nirwana's Kelong restaurant.
This is my first HDR ever..so do comment some tips to help me do better..;)

2492156294_b6357e15ac.jpg

Nothing much to say, fairly well done. Love the sky. Would have preferred some people captured along the path but that's up to your intended concept. Secondly, which bothers me quite a bit. The sky and sea just to the right of the restaurant seems a bit clouded. It's a weird sensation, compared to the rest of the image which is quite clear. Almost like a vignette.

Enlarge the picture and then we'll see if there's anything to add.

Nothing much to say, fairly well done. Love the sky. Would have preferred some people captured along the path but that's up to your intended concept. Secondly, which bothers me quite a bit. The sky and sea just to the right of the restaurant seems a bit clouded. It's a weird sensation, compared to the rest of the image which is quite clear. Almost like a vignette.

Enlarge the picture and then we'll see if there's anything to add.

thanks for the comment foxtwo... i've set out to capture the image for HDR purpose so i'm afraid of people moving that might destroy the HDR image. as for the weird sensation u mentioned..most probably its my amateur editing skills.

wonderful exposure for your hdr. like this picture too, if i were to nitpick, it will be the horizon, prefer it not to be in the centre.

the pier detracts the attention so overall its a pleasant picture nevertheless :thumbsup:

haloing around the roof at the end of pier. more light smoothing if u are using photomatix or reduce the strength. sky not too dramatic, rather flat clouds. otherwise fine composition.

maybe u want to tell us how many exposures and whats the EV interval u used.

the right side of the sky is a tad grey. maybe you can try cropping out a bit of the sky? maybe that will make the picture better. that's what i think :)

Status
Not open for further replies.