Not open for further replies.

xllms

Jan 31, 2002
AngMoKio, Singapore
Visit site
P1000088.jpg

pls give the most honest critique...image taken with panasonic LX2

xllms

Where is the Sun and the associated warm colour? I only see cool blue sky and a structure that doesn't seem to tell me its from a construction site either.....sorry for being frank about my feel.:)

You have shot an eastern sky at sunset, hence no red tinge to the sky
The Sky is flat & blue, nothing to see

The struture in the picture is rather nondescript,no intresting shadow play
What were you trying to show or what aroused your interest in this picture ?

On the plus side there is very little clutter

an interesting play of triangles! in the pleasure of things, the pleasure of geometry extends into all forms of arts. it's an enjoyable image, and converting this into a black and white will enhance it.

but i think the image lacks purity. if only the image is filled with just 'triangles'.

and yes just to add, the title don't match the image very well.

Where is the Sun and the associated warm colour? I only see cool blue sky and a structure that doesn't seem to tell me its from a construction site either.....sorry for being frank about my feel.:)

that's precisely i term it sunset

it's a matter of perception, isn't it?...shall we subscript to the traditional idea of sunset when you see the warmth only?...or shall we look at how metallic object is able to exhibit a certain sense of warmth during sunset?...

i agree the impact of the image is not there...hardly any punch...when i took it, i was just enjoying how the metallic roof turns yellowish and the clear blue sky, though flat, brings out the focus in the roof, hence i disagree that the sky should not be flat ( in relation to drama's comment )

but it's nice to keep the discussion coming...appreciate the views no matter how critical they are

:)

will post more soon

xllms

I think he is shooting at the western side, look at the light source, the sun is on the right of the pic.....

You have shot an eastern sky at sunset, hence no red tinge to the sky
The Sky is flat & blue, nothing to see

The struture in the picture is rather nondescript,no intresting shadow play
What were you trying to show or what aroused your interest in this picture ?

On the plus side there is very little clutter

But I dun the orange on the structure as well.....it looks brown and I tot they were wooden in the first place.....sorry for that.

that's precisely i term it sunset

it's a matter of perception, isn't it?...shall we subscript to the traditional idea of sunset when you see the warmth only?...or shall we look at how metallic object is able to exhibit a certain sense of warmth during sunset?...

i agree the impact of the image is not there...hardly any punch...when i took it, i was just enjoying how the metallic roof turns yellowish and the clear blue sky, though flat, brings out the focus in the roof, hence i disagree that the sky should not be flat ( in relation to drama's comment )

but it's nice to keep the discussion coming...appreciate the views no matter how critical they are

:)

will post more soon

xllms

Tis picture shows no sense of gravity... it gives me the feeling like this thing is thrown in midair, cos either u shoot it with heads up, or u are up there shooting down... either way the shadow shows that your composition is super tilted. (my guess is u look up... and the sun is on right hand side when u take.)

if u say its abstract, it kinda work... but the composition does need some further enhancement. Its hard to put into words an abstract way of composition... but your crop does not have a dynamic feel of the triangles. U'll need to do some burning as well.

if u are taking scenery shot as per title, then tis 1 obviously fails... few things to note... no sunset, the shadow does not feel like its sunset due to angle taken, neither does it depict a construction site.

overall a good try, but the feel is not there yet...

i tink yr pic will work if u rename it rather den sunset at construction site...sometimes a photographer perspective is hard to grasp but quite a good attempt if its a abstract photo maybe some story along with it to explain and bring the photo stand out. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.