Sunset @ Choa Chu Kang

Status
Not open for further replies.

chenxianghao

Dec 8, 2005
CCK
HDB_001CS.jpg

I personally like the dramatic feeling of this sunset..although from my house i can see the sunset across the KJE everyday..this particular sunset look very different from the rest.

C&C are very very welcome!

would upping the contrast help?
hmmz..it's a nice pic.. but it juz kinda lacks the impact :)

would upping the contrast help?
hmmz..it's a nice pic.. but it juz kinda lacks the impact :)

Yeah. I did PS it abit..i make the contrast slighty higher careful not to overdo it. Then the lower half actually show some trees but i darken out the whole thing.

Didn't want to apply too much contrast cause i scare overkill ar...:)

heh..well.. frankly, i can't realli see much of a sunset la, so was thinkin u can adjust contrast so that ur sky and clouds will be more interesting:)

heh..well.. frankly, i can't realli see much of a sunset la, so was thinkin u can adjust contrast so that ur sky and clouds will be more interesting:)

haha...yeah, agree with you dude..i think the sun kanna cover by the trees liao..

haha. yup.. so if u didn't say it was a sunset, i would think it's juz another sky shot ;) so maybe try to pay more attention looking thru the viewfinder;p

Add a yellow cast if you scared you might overkill, give it abit more yellow to tell its a sunset. just my thoughts.. =)

A polariser would be very helpful in a shot like that - increase saturation, make the sky a deeper blue

A polariser would be very helpful in a shot like that - increase saturation, make the sky a deeper blue

i tot its works wif max effects only at 90degrees...that stuff?:dunno:

whilst the sky is dramatic, i think the picture lacks a foreground interest. Perhaps the tree line could've been used more effectively. The colours are also a bit flat. some levelling and saturation adjustments would help.

my 2 cts :)

maybe it will be better if you could shot a couple minutes earlier--- more lights and more color in the sky.

how about just using photoshop to edit? Would do too. =)

I use polariser only to remove reflections on reflective surfaces. :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.