Sunset @ Broadwalk

Status
Not open for further replies.

GDSNP

Dec 17, 2003
Australia
www.flickr.com
A photo that was taken last year at Broadwalk. Thought the silhouette of the yacht and the speedboat with the sunset in the background looks quite interesting. Let me know if this composition works for you. Comments are welcomed. Thanks! :)

Sunset-Broadwalk.jpg

Hi

I like the warm colours - however, I felt that the shot either could have been tighter or more emphasis could have been given to the water. I say this since there is quite a lot of empty space at the top of the picture :)

cheers

Nice sunset.. but take note of your horizon. looks tilted.. also can consider to add a border to the pic to get the postcard look.. just my 2 cents

Another option that you could have shot would be a portraiture position.

Frame the sun to the right of the frame and zoom in closer so that the reflection of the sunrays that hit the water would be on the right hand side of the frame and would lead to the boat towards the top of the frame.

tilted horizon

the sun looks off-center, i think itll be better spot on center, or placed more obviously to the left or right so it looks deliberate

Composition is fine as I believe TS wants to emphasize sky and cloud formations. However, colours are not the best I have seen so far. The sun is burnt out while the rest of the colours are flat. Perhaps the same shot taken at a different timing may be better.

Thanks to all who commented. Didn't realised that the horizon was tilted.. Hehe..
Here's one that I have amended. Let me know if this is better.. :)

ChangiBroadwalk-1.jpg

prefer the first pic, with a amended horizon.
too tight a crop looses a bit of the feel.

Status
Not open for further replies.