Sunset at Singapore River

johnlim

Feb 26, 2004
4909546448_667f0edacb_b.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Post-process, composition,................any opinion u might have

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I want to show the atmosphere at the river during sunset, also the shimmering reflection of the river which attracted me.

3. under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Quickly taken with my Canon Ixus40 as I saw the patrol boats coming my way. If I am not wrong, I tilted the camera slightly to accomodate the patrol boat speeding towards me, hence the tight compositon you see here( Is it acceptable here? And the slightly distorted building? :)). I wished I had a wider lens, but thinking of it now, the high-rise buildings could be distorted a lot more if one was used then, as I pointed the camera downward when taking this picture.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture.

The original picture was slightly brighter; Can see more details of the background. But I feel I could bring down the overall brightness, lossing less important details to focus more attention on the activities in the river.

Some burning was done to hide unwanted details, as well as at the 4 sides/corners. The sun obscuring the building & the flare are as it were; Couldn' t do much to retrieve lost data. Noise was also added to give it a grainy look.

;