Sunset at changi beach

Status
Not open for further replies.

kelvinTan

May 11, 2004
Hi to all,

Here are my humble photographs i took of a beautiful sunset at changi when i was thr
Im shoot with my D100 & a 24-85mm f2.8 lens
Comments and Crits are welcome to help me improve ...

Pls feel free to comment.... :)

PS:Apologise for the last time i posted whr my image cant be viewed...

http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c301/KEL_TAN/DSC_8183.jpg
http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c301/KEL_TAN/DSC_8164.jpg

You caught a very nice sky.

About the 2nd photo. I wish the floating thing on the water wasn't there. While I understand your attempt at adding a foreground interest this one becomes an irritation (IMO). I hope you took more shots from a different angle coz the sky is really nice.

The horizon is also not level.

beautiful sunset - wonderful pinks.

i find both ur shots tilted - making viewing them uncomfortable. intentional?

2nd pic best. But too bad is tilted at an angle which spoilt the entire pic. This opportunity don't happen every time, you know?:)

hi to u guys,

who hav gave yr valuable comments to my photos,

ha....the photos was not tilted intentionally,

but i guess i was too overwhlmed by the sunset to capture as many image as i can

and jus compose and shoot with0ut watching out for the minor details

i ll be more careful nex time .

tks for the pointers ... and keep the comments coming in ;)

Cheers, Kelvin

Hi Bro

Nice shots. Just one comment. You tend to underexpose.
First shot, I can't really see what much detail.
Second shot, great composition, very aesthetically pleasing, but I wish there was slightly more detail on the left.

I really like the second photograph. I'm not totally crazy about the first one as it seems a bit dark...but then again, what do I know? ;) I really like to colours in the sky and how they're reflected onto the water.

hihi ...

tks for the advice .. prob i shld hav used a little fill flash so i can capture more details in the front ... but i guess i wan my highlight to be the water and the beautiful sky i saw hence i didnt emphasis too much on the features on the foreground .... :)

Will take note of this nex time if i got to encounter such scenery again

Ooo.... the 2nd one did it for me - liked the natural colour captured at the right moment :) However, yea that tilting horizon - that's the only thing. Bravo !

hi,
1st shot - could be better if the silloutte object is clearer.
2nd shot is great !

Bro. nice sunset.. but watch the horizon.. the tilt makes me feel like a drunk man walking sideways.. haha

Can use photoshop to correct the tilt, change the contrast, saturation etc and maybe add a border or frame.. make it nicer.. that's my normal workflow anyways.. cheers

Hi Vstorm, PsionCraze, DarNikon

Will take note of yr advises and tips ... i ll try to do a little alteration to my image and i ll try to up load it again to see if its better... at the same time i ll try to uplaod some other image for more comments if i can....

Stay tune ... ;)

Ok...now it looks much better. My votes to #2 shot.

Cheers..
:cool:

Your #2 pic still rocks man!! The colour of the entire scene is really bo-be-zhao!:thumbsup:

hi hi ,

tks for the good feedbacks ... keep the comments coming :D

i ll try my best to come up with some other photos of other

type of shots to post here for some reviews

Cheers

Kelvin

That's nice... did you use any filters there? Sunset filter? :think: The colour, hue, saturation are rich...

hi Youhong,

I didnt use any special filter , its jus a UV filter only
i guess the credit has to go to the really beautiful sunset :)
that day or prob i meter at the right spot to produce the image

kelvin

Status
Not open for further replies.