Sunset at Bishan

Status
Not open for further replies.

quantize

Sep 28, 2005
Taken at Bishan of a sunset:

sunsetsmall.jpg

Any comments?

I wonder is the shadow too dark that the details are gone. Liked the golden sunrays and streaks of clouds in the sky

can use PS "shadow & highlight" to bring out the detail, but must do it b4 you adjust the level:D

Thanks. I adjusted the levels also and moved the midtones. So the picture looks ok techinically on my screen. Just wonder if the other aspects of the picture is ok

Thanks, this photo is taken from blk 165. Sometimes beautiful sunsets do happen here

I think the composition can be improved, my eyes arent really drawn to the sunset but instead look all over the photo for the focal point. If it was not titled 'sunset at bishan' i would not have thought that the sunset was your subject.

icic... i agree that the composition is a bit weak. i gotta give more thought on that...

revolutionnaire said:
I think the composition can be improved, my eyes arent really drawn to the sunset but instead look all over the photo for the focal point. If it was not titled 'sunset at bishan' i would not have thought that the sunset was your subject.

Yeah, probably there should be more sky.

Hey neighbor, that's my block! :)

Yup, should be more sky...

sunset/sunrise very cliche shots, so you have to work hard for a good one. This one is boring. nothing in the sky except the orangy red, and HDB flats isnt the most exciting of skyline.

And I dont think you shld take the shadow/highlight suggestion. I rather not see boring details in the flats. I rather send all the bldgs into shadow with levels and just emphasize on the skyline, which however, as mentioned, is not to exciting either.

I have not seen any HDB 'landscape" that is interesting so far.

Icic.... thanks for the valuable advise. Will try harder

I think that the huge building somehow ruined this shot. The sky colour is quite nice, its not often that you can see such an orangy sky in Singapore. Make the most of the weather conditions and you will be able to get nicer shots.

Status
Not open for further replies.