Sunset against the flyer

Status
Not open for further replies.

phreakey

Aug 30, 2007
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
Hi all,

first post in this sub forum hence a newbie.

wanted to capture the majestic feel of the flyer's silhouette against the reddish tint of the setting sun

C&C on composition, exposure, anything welcomed

_8163001.jpg

Hi all,

first post in this sub forum hence a newbie.

wanted to capture the majestic feel of the flyer's silhouette against the reddish tint of the setting sun

C&C on composition, exposure, anything welcomed

_8163001.jpg

Cannot see the photos leh....

I like the composition and the silhouette effect. Works for me!

I feel that it's a little murky. You can still afford perhaps 2/3-stop brighter exposure, while still retaining the silhouette. It'll also bring out a little more colours in the sky.

The tone is a little reddish/purplish. Is that achieved in post-processing, or was your whitebalance fooled? Typically one would see a more orangey palette of colours, so generally colours and exposure don't quite work for me here.

I'd say composition is quite good here. There is quite a good balance. My only grievance is how one capsule (top of frame) is cut off.

Last edited:
Looks gloomy, more like a rain cloud expecting a storm, and from this angle, doesnt quite bring out the "majestic" feel...

Details are lost in the flyer.. Your pic makes me pay more attention to the sky than the flyer. BUt I really love the sky and tinge.. =)

Interesting perspective but it's a little underexposed.

I feel that it's a little murky. You can still afford perhaps 2/3-stop brighter exposure, while still retaining the silhouette. It'll also bring out a little more colours in the sky.

The tone is a little reddish/purplish. Is that achieved in post-processing, or was your whitebalance fooled? Typically one would see a more orangey palette of colours, so generally colours and exposure don't quite work for me here.

I'd say composition is quite good here. There is quite a good balance. My only grievance is how one capsule (top of frame) is cut off.

The tone was a result of post processing. The original tone of it was quite dull, almost close to B&W so I had the levels boosted in PS.

Sorry that I interrupt; here's my take on the flyer being "majestic" - would be great to show its greatness and its volume of size; from the bottom up OR top down to show / compare its relevance to the surrounding environment.

2469109912_1d1bf04437.jpg

maybe my definition is different from yours, but perhaps you should have seen more examples and make comparisons too.
Hey~Keep on shooting!

Last edited:
Sorry that I interrupt; here's my take on the flyer being "majestic" - would be great to show its greatness and its volume of size; from the bottom up OR top down to show / compare its relevance to the surrounding environment.

2469109912_1d1bf04437.jpg

maybe my definition is different from yours, but perhaps you should have seen more examples and make comparisons too.
Hey~Keep on shooting!

What majestic sensor dust you have... :bsmilie:

I agree though, that this gives you more sense of awe and presence. Using a wide angle lens helps to exaggerate the height of things (or people, if you want to make them appear very dominating). With a telephoto lens, they appear more subdued and neutral.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.