Sunset 26022011

weisiong

Jan 4, 2011
Malaysia, Singapore
5488542716_1256ab6671_z.jpg

1. In which area is critique or feedback to be given?
Composition, PP skills ( using photoscape)

2. What were you hoping to achieve with this image?
a good sunset picture

3. Under what circumstance was the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Shoot around 7:12PM at malacca on a tripod. waiting to capture a nice sunset picture.

4. Thread-starter's personal thoughts about the image?
I think the picture composition is OK. Maybe 1/3 is more better?

I have a feeling a third of sky might add more drama to the composition(I can see why you want to include 1/2 in though), I find that if you are willing to wait, you will get the right waves you want :) just my two cents.

hmm the sky is furiously nice.

but yea.. if you want a stronger reflection, use ND filters... longer exposure timings... u might want to look for a member called Night86Mare..

I think the colours are v decent in your photo. personally i would prefer more of the sky to accentuate the feeling.

lol i think nightmare86 is gone from clubsnap..

:eek: thought deregistered! would like to see the awesome landscape shots again

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your reply on this picture. Hope to improve more on my skill to get a better picture. Should have try out the 1/3 method the that day.

For sunset picture, will a GND or ND8 give a better picture? I am shooting this picture with a GND filter.

Hi everyone,

Thanks for your reply on this picture. Hope to improve more on my skill to get a better picture. Should have try out the 1/3 method the that day.

For sunset picture, will a GND or ND8 give a better picture? I am shooting this picture with a GND filter.

For sunset the golden period is always very short, my advise is to shoot as much photo as possible with different angle and composition. Shoot in RAW is a must, so that you can PP later. So if you need to apply Rule of the Third, PP will do no problem.

I suggest if possible you could add some interesting subject into your foreground, which will make your sunset photo more interesting. :)

I had one thread about sunset at Labrador Park very similar to your location at Malacca, some objects were added at the foreground to improve the composition, hope this will help to explain my points. :)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/483653-Trees-Labrador-Park

Last edited:
For sunset the golden period is always very short, my advise is to shoot as much photo as possible with different angle and composition. Shoot in RAW is a must, so that you can PP later. So if you need to apply Rule of the Third, PP will do no problem.

I suggest if possible you could add some interesting subject into your foreground, which will make your sunset photo more interesting. :)

I had one thread about sunset at Labrador Park very similar to your location at Malacca, some objects were added at the foreground to improve the composition, hope this will help to explain my points. :)

http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/threads/483653-Trees-Labrador-Park

Hi SilverPine,

Thank you for your suggestion and link to a great picture. Your picture looks great with the foreground elelment.

i will try it out soon. :)

Hi SilverPine,

Thank you for your suggestion and link to a great picture. Your picture looks great with the foreground elelment.

i will try it out soon. :)

Nice to know that it will help to improve the composition of the picture. Looking forward to see more of your posting at CS.

Happy Shooting :)

Sorry I am unable to offer any suggestions to help you improve the picture, but just wanted to say that it's very nice. Probably instead of taking it along the horizon line right at the middle, might try further up or down (as suggested by some others) but I like both the sky and the sea so I also won't know which would have been better (for myself, most likely I would try both and then later decide which might have been better). The silhouette, the sky, the sea... it all fits in nicely but something about the mid-level horizon bothers me. Good attempt! Looking forward to more of your posting at CS also.