Sunrise

Status
Not open for further replies.

hellfire88

Aug 26, 2009
11139.jpg

1. In what area is critique to be sought?

contrast, exposure, composition and post processing.

2. What one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?

to capture the fleeting moment of the sunrise that pass us each day.

3. Under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)

went to sembawang park to capture the sunrise, physically tired as i cycled there, didnt have tripod so improvised abit.

4. What the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture?

this picture was cropped to give a better frame, a bit noisy also and i still feel that the photo can be improved further but cant put my finger on it. hope you guys can point out.

thanks!

Positionwise, the right side doesn't add much to the image. Physically changing position would have given you a "cleaner" image.

agree about the right side. the clouds have nice converging circles so it would have been okay to zoom in tighter with the sun at the center bottom of the frame cos the concentrics would lead the eye in. rules like the rule of thirds are more like guidelines anyway ^^

heyy. i think the photo's a little too saturated for my liking. maybe go a little... easier on the pp? and, i'm not familiar about the sembawang area, but maybe if you stood somewhere else and just got the horizon, it would have given simpler and better composition. but for this photo, maybe you could crop off the tree silhouette on the right? just a suggestion :)

yeah, crop off the tree would be good. by the way it's unfortunate that there's too much light pollution stealing attention off the sun rise's natural beauty :(

hi guys thanks for all the comments. looks like it is more of composition problem. can anyone help me crop the picture to make it better? i keep trying but cant seem to crop it properly.

thanks!

...just crop off the right quarter of the pano. and since you seem to like vignetting, re-vignette, which will also de-emphasize the black landmass at the bottom right corner

hi guys thanks for all the comments. looks like it is more of composition problem. can anyone help me crop the picture to make it better? i keep trying but cant seem to crop it properly.

thanks!

original.jpg

To be very frank, this sunrise shot is not very appealing. Such photos are supposed to be serene, but this picture is a bit too heavy for me.

i think the picture overall is very loud.
the colours of the sky are too strong to be put together..

and yes, haha crop off the tree! :)

I feel that there is not enough shadow details, the blacks are glaring at me in the face and is taking my attention off the picture.

Status
Not open for further replies.