Sunrise

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rashkae

Nov 28, 2005
C&C please... :)

sunrise.jpg

what a beautiful view you have there,just lack more city lights IMO but morning where have city lights.:)

I agree with zaxh81, and you can use less sky. :)

Good shot.

Personally, I prefer more sky as that is where the "action" is.

Bernard

I think your blue sky occupies too much space as it doesn't add. May I suggest a panoramic crop?

hi there. dun use outer glow as a frame. it spoils the picture IMO.

could be better if the pic have more DR. can try curves and shadow/highlights in PSCS to achieve that effect :D

The sky is not dramatic enough. The only action I'm seeing is in the center third where there are some clouds to show off the colours. The rest of the blue sky doesn't add much to it. Try again when there are more clouds.

Ok, thanks for all the comments! I can try a center crop to focus on the action. :)

I would actually take the bottom half, rather than smack on centre.

I would actually take the bottom half, rather than smack on centre.

I had actually cropped the bottom part away already. So I'll leave more of it behind. :)

This is one of the rare times I like a border :thumbsup:

Believe me, "I don't usually like borders", but if I isolate any white on my monitor outside the black of the border, this works well for me !

Cheers :)

This is one of the rare times I like a border :thumbsup:

Believe me, "I don't usually like borders", but if I isolate any white on my monitor outside the black of the border, this works well for me !

Cheers :)

Thanks! :)

Was trying to go for that "sunrise glow" effect

Too much blue...agree.

I would take this differently with a telescopic lens e.g. 70-200mm and taken in portrait instead of landscape. Focusing on the yellow lights you have captured just behind the mountain and with the horizon somewhere 1/3 from below exposing most of the skies, ignoring the cities because it is not interesting enough.

The other option is to wait for the sun to rise just above the horizon and repeat the above.

Too much blue...agree.

I would take this differently with a telescopic lens e.g. 70-200mm and taken in portrait instead of landscape. Focusing on the yellow lights you have captured just behind the mountain and with the horizon somewhere 1/3 from below exposing most of the skies, ignoring the cities because it is not interesting enough.

The other option is to wait for the sun to rise just above the horizon and repeat the above.

The 1/3 is not problem, I had it like that but cropped some of the bottom away.

Considering this was shot with a Sony V1, I won't be able to change the lens. And a re-shoot will be almost impossible... This pic was taken over Manila, the pollution there helps make the sunrise/sunset so colorful. Won't get sunrise like that here in Singapore. :(

Too much blue...agree.

Hmmm...

Something like this?

sunrise2.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.