Sunrise, sunrise & more sunrise


Status
Not open for further replies.

ndroo

Moderator
Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
8,242
3
38
50
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
:bsmilie: of course the nasi lemak is great. come back & we'll go shoot sunrise again ... :bsmilie:

kelster said:
Uncle ndroo.... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: :bigeyes:

nice series there...but me think the nasi lemak after that also velly shiok huh?...heh
 

Jazer

Member
Nov 6, 2003
403
0
16
39
sg
www.jazerstudio.com
No.4 get's :thumbsup: :thumbsup: from me..

Great effort and great results man .. can't wake up for sunrises at all.
 

ricleo

Senior Member
Mar 13, 2004
6,614
30
48
Eastern Singapore
another example of the early bird catches the worm! :thumbsup:
i like nos 2 and 4. Nice colours and the guy fishing just makes the extra difference for me :)

Just one question. For shots like number one, will shooting directly at the sun damage or "burn" the CCD/CMOS sensor? REad some warnings against shooting into the sun even during sunrises and sunsets, but never read any substantial proof or evidence against it.
 

ndroo

Moderator
Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
8,242
3
38
50
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
ricleo said:
another example of the early bird catches the worm! :thumbsup:
i like nos 2 and 4. Nice colours and the guy fishing just makes the extra difference for me :)

Just one question. For shots like number one, will shooting directly at the sun damage or "burn" the CCD/CMOS sensor? REad some warnings against shooting into the sun even during sunrises and sunsets, but never read any substantial proof or evidence against it.
thanks. for shots like #1, i did not focus on the sun directly, but more to the side (kiasi lah). But I did not require long exposure, so it was okay (hopefully).
 

Agila

New Member
May 17, 2003
523
0
0
www.photonski.com
nice series renegade! i like them all.. my favs are pic # 1, 2 and 4 :)
 

wainism

Senior Member
Apr 15, 2004
1,830
0
0
Beeshan
very nice series indeed :thumbsup:
lucky for u the sun was co-operative!!!
 

Lee2003

New Member
Nov 28, 2003
118
0
0
44
Paya Lebar
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I love the colours in #4. Thanks for sharing... Any tips for shooting sunrise or sunset.

Somehow i always have the problem of the sun flaring when i take images of the sun...Maybe I have to catch the sun earlier before it becomes too "strong" :dunno: Thanks for any advise or tips in advance
 

ndroo

Moderator
Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
8,242
3
38
50
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
Lee2003 said:
:thumbsup: :thumbsup: I love the colours in #4. Thanks for sharing... Any tips for shooting sunrise or sunset.

Somehow i always have the problem of the sun flaring when i take images of the sun...Maybe I have to catch the sun earlier before it becomes too "strong" :dunno: Thanks for any advise or tips in advance
Thanks for all your comments. Lee2003, no tips ... well just 1 ... but u've answered it yourself. :bsmilie: my 1st time shooting sunrise too ... shoot it while it is not too err ... 'strong' :bsmilie:
 

zaren

Moderator
Staff member
Oct 27, 2003
11,031
45
48
hey bro... superb sunrise pics! really enjoyed your series...

:thumbsup:
 

DarkForce

Senior Member
May 1, 2004
1,971
0
0
newbie land
renegade,

Nice shoot. Is it taken at Changi villaqe ? What time is it taken ? Thanks :D
 

DarkForce

Senior Member
May 1, 2004
1,971
0
0
newbie land
renegade said:
THanks zaren + darkforce. it is taken @ changi beach. taken ard 6am.
Wow 6am. I stay in Jurong, if need to go then must wake up at 3am and start leaving house at about 4:30am pm :bheart:
 

DanMan

Senior Member
Mar 27, 2003
644
0
16
Singapore, Farrer Rd
Nice shots :thumbsup: I go there often, but never so early. Never knew that the sunrises are gorgeous. BTW, which part of the image do you meter the readings for the exposure?
 

ndroo

Moderator
Staff member
Nov 22, 2003
8,242
3
38
50
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
www.fuzzyeyeballs.com
DanMan said:
Nice shots :thumbsup: I go there often, but never so early. Never knew that the sunrises are gorgeous. BTW, which part of the image do you meter the readings for the exposure?
thanks. all of them were metered somewhere close to the location of the sun. sorry i m not very good with these stuff (yet). :bsmilie: used matrix metering.
 

Lee2003

New Member
Nov 28, 2003
118
0
0
44
Paya Lebar
:bigeyes: 6am... I better start getting my butt outta of the bed earlier next time....
 

Status
Not open for further replies.