sunrise shoot with nikkor 16mm fe

Status
Not open for further replies.

rebbot

Mar 24, 2005
for those who might be interested in a fe, noobie pic using the nikkor 16mm fe :embrass:

sunrise-43.jpg

Cheers~

Nice clouds... unfortunately the 16mm distorted the image a bit... the horizon becomes "U-shaped".... perhaps a 20mm or 24mm would have been better?

Cheers :)

thanks mate~ hehehe i dun have either the 20mm or 24mm as I wanted something wider

I tried correcting the horizon but looks even weirder than ever :sweat: so i left it as it is~

thought fisheye is a circular image?

the 16mm is a full frame fe :)

rebbot: u may also wanna consider the "rule of thirds"...meaning try not to have the horizon running right in the middle of the image. I like the coconut trees silhoutte but maybe lose the rocks at the bottom right hand of the page?

:)

petewong said:
rebbot: u may also wanna consider the "rule of thirds"...meaning try not to have the horizon running right in the middle of the image. I like the coconut trees silhoutte but maybe lose the rocks at the bottom right hand of the page?

:think: thanks pete you are right~ I should have lose the rock pavement at the bottom right hehehe thats why i adjusted the curve to make it darker so it doesn't look so obvious :sweat: but again I could have cropped it off. cheers~

petewong said:
rebbot: u may also wanna consider the "rule of thirds"...meaning try not to have the horizon running right in the middle of the image.

i beg to differ. no offence.
just that the middle of the horizon MIGHT just do it for this pic here.
notice the word is in caps ? because i am not too sure of that too.
Sometimes with enough details on both the top and bottom half, the composition will be better off than using rules-of-the-third.
Rules-of-the-third is a guide, not a must. ;)
just sharing what i feel. no offence :bsmilie:

None taken :)
U r right, too... it's not a MUST to use rule-of-third. But KNOW and understand the rule first, then after that, break the rule, if u must.

In this case, there is no reason NOT to apply the rule. I like the clouds... so showing 2/3 of the image with the clouds would have been good... the foreground is just this piece of rock... so lose it better. I like where this debate is going...shows u guys r thinkers :)

overcrash said:
i beg to differ. no offence.
just that the middle of the horizon MIGHT just do it for this pic here.
notice the word is in caps ? because i am not too sure of that too.
Sometimes with enough details on both the top and bottom half, the composition will be better off than using rules-of-the-third.
Rules-of-the-third is a guide, not a must. ;)
just sharing what i feel. no offence :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.