Sunrise Esplanade Morning Shoot #2

Status
Not open for further replies.

dingaroo

Dec 6, 2009
Singapore | East
Hi friends and CSers!

Planning a 2nd run of the Sunrise Esplanade Morning Shoot.

Details
Date : 17th April 2010, Saturday
Time : 0630hrs
Venue : Esplanade's Outdoor Theatre
Who can attend : Anyone with a camera, preferably newbies so they have a chance!
Equipment : Any camera (film or digital) of any form (SLR, compact, even pinhole), tripod definitely, any lens (as long as it helps to focus the image), and a torchlight (as we'll be working in the dark)
Age limit : None, even if you are 90, and can still trigger the shutter, you are still welcome!
Genre : Landscape/Building-scape
Weather : If weather at 5.30 is bad (rain is one reason for bad weather) will have to cancel and postpone to another day, if everyone is fine with the arrangement.
Sunrise : 7.00 AM (according to NEA's website), best time to capture the blue hues in the sky is usually 10-15 mins before sunrise (like the adage, the early bird gets the worms!)

Itinerary
06.30 - 06.45 : Brefing & Get-to-know session
06.45 - 08.45 : Shoot
08.45 : Breakfast/kopi session

We can decide if we want to continue to shoot elsewhere during breakfast.

Something like this!
4292898937_f3621a15b7_b.jpg

Participants
Shooters

Standby:

If any first 12 shooters drop out prior to the date, the Standby shooter list will be activated. Even if there are more than 12 on that morning shoot is fine, but please forgive me if I forget your names, so I may have to snap a pic of you for recognition (age catching up).

Also, if you this is your first time taking sunrise, note that the window of opportunity to capture the best shots is very small. So if possible, be there on time to get to know each other, set up, and shoot.

Message me your contact number so that on the 17th, can inform you all of any updates.

We can have breakfast after that then decide where to go for more shoots.

Cheers!

Dingaroo

PS: I'm a NEWBIE and can't impart any skills but can share what I have picked up so far. Also, any hearing-impaired shooters are also free to join, as I know a little bit of sign language, so just like Hard Rock's motto "love all, serve all"!

Last edited:
Sunrise Esplanade Morning Shoot #2

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Hi friends and CSers!

Planning a 2nd run of the Sunrise Esplanade Morning Shoot.

Details
Date : 17th April 2010, Saturday
Time : 0630hrs
Venue : Esplanade's Outdoor Theatre
Who can attend : Anyone with a camera, preferably newbies so they have a chance!
Equipment : Any camera (film or digital) of any form (SLR, compact, even pinhole), tripod definitely, any lens (as long as it helps to focus the image), and a torchlight (as we'll be working in the dark)
Age limit : None, even if you are 90, and can still trigger the shutter, you are still welcome!
Genre : Landscape/Building-scape
Weather : If weather at 5.30 is bad (rain is one reason for bad weather) will have to cancel and postpone to another day, if everyone is fine with the arrangement.
Sunrise : 7.00 AM (according to NEA's website), best time to capture the blue hues in the sky is usually 10-15 mins before sunrise (like the adage, the early bird gets the worms!)

Itinerary
06.30 - 06.45 : Brefing & Get-to-know session
06.45 - 08.45 : Shoot
08.45 : Breakfast/kopi session

We can decide if we want to continue to shoot elsewhere during breakfast.

Something like this!

Participants
Shooters
1.Boyette

Standby:

If any first 12 shooters drop out prior to the date, the Standby shooter list will be activated. Even if there are more than 12 on that morning shoot is fine, but please forgive me if I forget your names, so I may have to snap a pic of you for recognition (age catching up).

Also, if you this is your first time taking sunrise, note that the window of opportunity to capture the best shots is very small. So if possible, be there on time to get to know each other, set up, and shoot.

Message me your contact number so that on the 17th, can inform you all of any updates.

We can have breakfast after that then decide where to go for more shoots.

Cheers!

Dingaroo

PS: I'm a NEWBIE and can't impart any skills but can share what I have picked up so far. Also, any hearing-impaired shooters are also free to join, as I know a little bit of sign language, so just like Hard Rock's motto "love all, serve all"!

Participants
Shooters
1. Boyette
2. dacteo
3. chester

Standby

Last edited:
I'm newbee too, eager to learn and have fun with you guy :)
Participants
Shooters
1. Boyette
2. dacteo
3. chester
4. ethanwind

Standby

Participants
Shooters
1. Boyette
2. dacteo
3. chester
4. ethanwind
5. ZeRoCoOl

Standby

Participants
Shooters
1. Boyette
2. dacteo
3. chester
4. ethanwind
5. ZeRoCoOl
6. kokster
7. randy (kokster's friend)

Standby

Participants
Shooters
1. Boyette
2. dacteo
3. chester
4. ethanwind
5. ZeRoCoOl
6. kokster
8. ahbock (aka Kelvin)

Standby

Participants
Shooters
1. Boyette
2. dacteo
3. chester
4. ethanwind
5. ZeRoCoOl
6. kokster
8. ahbock (aka Kelvin)
9. zapper10

Standby

merlion park?
Pic12s.jpg

hehehehehe sorry to be an irritant :)

Wow! Nice cool blue ! guess this colour can only be achieved in the early morning ....

hmm... but so early morning ... me still in my lala land ... :bsmilie:

Have fun guys

Cheers
Fuji

Wow! Nice cool blue ! guess this colour can only be achieved in the early morning ....

hmm... but so early morning ... me still in my lala land ... :bsmilie:

Have fun guys

Cheers
Fuji
no la... this was from the previous outing with Esther and Jimmy.
actually shouldn't disturb dingaroo's thread... hehehe... I'm so bad. Just wanted to suggest Merlion Park coz I feel that Esplanade side has been shot before during outing #1.

Participants
Shooters
1. Boyette
2. dacteo
3. chester
4. ethanwind
5. ZeRoCoOl
6. kokster
8. ahbock (aka Kelvin)
9. zapper10
10. korbidp3k

Standby

Hi Hi
I am a newbie..will like to join u guys :)

Participants (Updated as at 10 April 12.24pm)
Shooters
1. Boyette
2. dacteo
3. chester
4. ethanwind
5. ZeRoCoOl
6. kokster
8. ahbock (aka Kelvin)
9. zapper10
10. korbidp3k
11. coffeechee

Standby

Participants (Updated as at 10 April 12.24pm)
Shooters
1. Boyette
2. dacteo
3. chester
4. ethanwind
5. ZeRoCoOl
6. kokster
8. ahbock (aka Kelvin)
9. zapper10
10. korbidp3k
11. coffeechee
12. Numnumball (Maybe)

Standby

To Bro ZerocoolAstra,

Thanks for the offer! If your schedule is free, and you can wake up that early, you are more than welcome!! The more the merrier :)

Nah, perish that thought of being an irritant! Its an incentive in fact for those who have never shot morning/sunrise shots to be there earlier than me! I should be there by 6.30 at the latest.

I understand that not everyone has tried shooting from Esplanade at that specific time yet. Maybe future run will be from that exact spot! Thanks for the suggestion :)

To Bro Fujiwara,

Thanks Fuji bro! Agree with you about that natural blue color. I'd love to sleep till the sun is way up high in the sky so the reflection off my shiny bald head doesn't blind anyone, but I do emphatize being a newbie, with no one to guide me. So, it is payback for what I have learnt from my seniors and gurus.

And for a moment, I was shocked when I saw the fifth (5th) nick in the list of people who signed up! ZeRoCoOl .... is this ZerocoolAstra's brother??? or Junior??? hehehehe.

Cheers!

Hi to all who signed up,

Thank you for taking time out to sign up and for making time available for the morning shoot.

Hope you'll be able to wake up in time so as to catch the lighting shown in the 2 pictures above.

Cheers!

Status
Not open for further replies.