Sunrise @ ECP

Status
Not open for further replies.

sail2horizon

Sep 16, 2005
Northern
1st time posting sunrise using KM 5D and need some comments to improve.

1. Resizing and auto level were done.

Sunrise1.jpg

2. Tried diff setting for the aperture. Only resizing was done.

Sunrise2.jpg

Noob here, tips for improvement please. Thank you in advance.

Image 1 works fine for me, just a tad too warm I feel but it's a personal feeling.

Image 2 might have looked better if you had the sun slightly lower in the horizon. Also, the stick that's sticking out of the water in image 1, if you had caught that with the sun in image 2, wow...POWER liao. :)

My personal 2 cents worth.

vince said:
Image 1 works fine for me, just a tad too warm I feel but it's a personal feeling.

Image 2 might have looked better if you had the sun slightly lower in the horizon. Also, the stick that's sticking out of the water in image 1, if you had caught that with the sun in image 2, wow...POWER liao. :)

My personal 2 cents worth.

Thank you Vince for your comments and tips. Will try to improve more next time.;)

I think u'll have a really neat abstract if u kept the bottom half of #2. the image is so big i can only view it in halfs. lolz.

can see you are pushing to the limit with your setting!
A.S of KM5D :)

#2...where the were-wolf?

foxtwo said:
I think u'll have a really neat abstract if u kept the bottom half of #2. the image is so big i can only view it in halfs. lolz.

I think i agree with you foxtwo, guess it will be better to have the sun much lower to the horizon as advised by vince. Will take note of that next time.

dominator said:
can see you are pushing to the limit with your setting!
A.S of KM5D :)

#2...where the were-wolf?

Guess the were-wolf is hiding then, as its already sunrise:sticktong

Maybe you can try cropping the lower part of the second picture? I really love the sun partially hidden behind the clouds at the top left, and I feel the bottom part of the picture sort of spoils the mood.

Just my 2 cents.

Ronnie

I like your first picture. Maybe if the sun is not dead center, it might be better.

ronnie_sjr said:
Maybe you can try cropping the lower part of the second picture? I really love the sun partially hidden behind the clouds at the top left, and I feel the bottom part of the picture sort of spoils the mood.

Just my 2 cents.

Ronnie

Thanks Ronnie, will take note of that.

3pin said:
I like your first picture. Maybe if the sun is not dead center, it might be better.

Thanks, glad you like it. Will keep note of your points too next time.

Status
Not open for further replies.