Sunrise at Lower Seletar Resourviour

ehping

Sep 24, 2010
Singapore, Singapore, Singapor
6492112603_51365103ef.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Color, Explorsure

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
To show a beautiful sunrise

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Took at 630am, while regret no cloud at all in the sky

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
My color still very week. How to improve the color tone? More blue?

1. the color look nice and the exposure looks ok.

other than this.... this is a really plain photo... maybe it is your intention or preference to present it this way?

For me, probably I will try to hunt around for the 3rd element to be included inside. It might become the main subject or just a highlight in the photo. It can an interesting foreground, structure, tree, leaves, float, birds, human.... etc.

Minor thing to take care of is the dust spot at the horizon little to the right from the center.

Last edited:
Thank you coolthought.

I also think the same. Too bad no cloud in the sky at all. It is a plain photo. Not my intention la. Alot of dramatic clouds will be nice.

Good suggestion about the 3rd element. But I was shooting at the extended new jetty. A bit hard to find. Will try again, maybe go there again this Sunday morning.

Will take note about the dust spot.

plain does not means it is no good. You can see some of the cs members work on minimalist photo to great effect.
I am just sharing what my preference is.
Another way, if possible, go as low as possible and as close as possible so the tree to the left from center is able to stand out from the horizon. It probably might help a lot in the composition. Have to try then will know.