Sunrise at Changi

Status
Not open for further replies.

bighead

Mar 26, 2006
Hey guys, took this at Changi Beach this morning, waiting for any constructive comments on the composition, exposure and "redness". I also like to know what settings do people usually used to take sunrise and where is the best position of the sun to be to take?

Thanks.

467704929_8346411428.jpg

467704935_2802f5fc7f.jpg

467704939_8c6be3c949.jpg

Which part of Changi Beach were you at?

I kinda like #1, reminds me of something I took, and the clouds' repeating lines are just so smooth.

#2 and #3 are a little off though, in my book. For me, I tend to underexpose a little for sunrises, if you're worried about missing out some details then just expose one shot properly and underexpose another shot immediately.

Just remember, your focus on sunrise/sunset doesn't necessarily have to be the sun. =)

#1 best :thumbsup:. Nice yolk taken! :D hee..

Which part of Changi Beach were you at?

I kinda like #1, reminds me of something I took, and the clouds' repeating lines are just so smooth.

#2 and #3 are a little off though, in my book. For me, I tend to underexpose a little for sunrises, if you're worried about missing out some details then just expose one shot properly and underexpose another shot immediately.

Just remember, your focus on sunrise/sunset doesn't necessarily have to be the sun. =)

Thanks, I was at the beach near the cargo complex ... so that the ferry terminal didnt block my views ... I am setting it to -1/3 to 0 for exposure ... however, as the sun goes up ... I had max my shutter speed (fastest) and aperture (smallest) ... using a S2 ...
anyway, why did you say #2 and #3 were off ?

Thanks, I was at the beach near the cargo complex ... so that the ferry terminal didnt block my views ... I am setting it to -1/3 to 0 for exposure ... however, as the sun goes up ... I had max my shutter speed (fastest) and aperture (smallest) ... using a S2 ...
anyway, why did you say #2 and #3 were off ?
#2 and #3 no real focus. It's just waves, hope you don't mind me stating my mind. There is nothing remotely interesting to me. Not sure about other people. I do have a certain type of landscapery/seascapery in mind though, so yeah, you should take whatever I say about those 2 shots with a pinch of salt.

Ah, that beach. Weird, the sun didn't rise next to the small little hump of land? Hrmph.

#2 and #3 no real focus. It's just waves, hope you don't mind me stating my mind. There is nothing remotely interesting to me. Not sure about other people. I do have a certain type of landscapery/seascapery in mind though, so yeah, you should take whatever I say about those 2 shots with a pinch of salt.

Ah, that beach. Weird, the sun didn't rise next to the small little hump of land? Hrmph.

Nah, its ok .... I wldnt be asking for an honest opinion if I mind ...
Small little hump of land ? I dun see any ...

But THANKS anyway

Status
Not open for further replies.