Sunrise at Changi Ferry Point

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cecil

Mar 1, 2006
Eunos
www.1digital.com.sg
Took this shot this morning at Changi Ferry Point. C&C welcome.

Sunrise_Changi_Ferry_Point_003.jpg

find it better if more sky was included in the pic and from a lower angle. and also the WB is too cool for a sunrise.
I like the wave part where you could see some reddish edge cause by reflection

Thanks ExplorerZ, yes do agree with you on seeing more sky - didn't want to over saturate the sky and unfortunately this morning sun ain't too red.

Sorry, it doesn't work for me. The background horizon is not straight enough. Foreground is so messy with the waves and the sand. I would say badly compose.. Try to capture it at an even early timing.. You will have a better orange colour effect. Maybe include a passing boat or some birds if have any, cause overall look look so plain. Sorry if i sound really harsh..

rickygck, no need to apologise as long as its constructive and taken in the right spirit.
Appreciate your honest comments. thanks.

1) Color abit weak
2) Composition can be improve, i.e some foregrd as what the rest had mentioned.
3) Watch out for your horizion, can be save using photoshop to adjust.

Another way you can do is to mount your camera to tripod and take using longer shutter to speed to achieve silky effect of the wave coming in.

hope these helps and keep shooting...cheers! :)

Other than above comments, I think the sun is very over exposed. Can squeeze your aperture more to get the details.

I have only 2 things more to add.
If you wanna shoot sunrise, be early - around 6.30am and wear long pants, I got bitten by sand flies and man do they itch.

It will be better to include some foreground objects... just having a sunrise not very arresting.

Status
Not open for further replies.