SunRise?? Any good place to intro ??

Status
Not open for further replies.

goo82sg

Feb 10, 2005
Hi, am keen in takin sunrise here.. however, have been cracking my head where to go.. anyone wana tag along as well?? i can only think of these places.. Changi Beach, East Coast (Bedok Jetty), Punggol Jetty and Elias Park.
Has anyone been there? Pls post your comments... :)

goo82sg said:
Hi, am keen in takin sunrise here.. however, have been cracking my head where to go.. anyone wana tag along as well?? i can only think of these places.. Changi Beach, East Coast (Bedok Jetty), Punggol Jetty and Elias Park.

never seen any spectacular sunrise in singapore, maybe all the time i was sleeping~ ;)

still I believe can try around punggol road end there...

goo82sg said:

want to find out if east coast beach is a good spot or not... anybody?

Proposing an alternative. What about sunset? Raffles Marina, great place for sunsets. Go between 6.30-7.30 pm.

East coast ....was there for sunrise too..

GENO said:
East coast ....was there for sunrise too..

i would say EAST COAST...

try to go "out" towards the sea..
ie. jetty ..

:)

cool, that means i'm aiming east coast for my first try out of a sunrise....

anyway, as you can see from my signature i'm a D70 newbie, what settings would one suggest?

dont gong me uh.... but i'll say chek jawa at ubin has nice sun rise. got to saw it during one of my overnights there=)

goo82sg said:

for sunrise u shld go mount faber. some where high. i think u could catch nice sun rise there. from places like east coast.. i hardly see any sunrise.. the sun are too far awae from the land area. and mostly the sea sides are very cloudly. and hardly u could catch any sun not covering by the clouds. i've not tried mount faber. but i've seen from tvs and heard ppl going there to see sun rise.
:) hope that helps

xwiingsx said:
for sunrise u shld go mount faber. some where high. i think u could catch nice sun rise there. from places like east coast.. i hardly see any sunrise.. the sun are too far awae from the land area. and mostly the sea sides are very cloudly. and hardly u could catch any sun not covering by the clouds. i've not tried mount faber. but i've seen from tvs and heard ppl going there to see sun rise.
:) hope that helps

yup it helps... mmm mount faber... mmm sounds romantic... ;p must find a partner to go along with

but i believe the trees at mt faber are higher than the mt itself to see sunrise properly..

Changi Beach, after the SAF Jetty.... very nice place to watch sunrise..being there twice...

k_istDS said:
Changi Beach, after the SAF Jetty.... very nice place to watch sunrise..being there twice...

cool thats farmiliar to me too, last time send some ppl in my unit to the jetty... glad i stay in the east... hee sun rises in the east... :thumbsup:

k_istDS said:

I agree... been there a few times... you can try Merlion area too, Ortega has some nice sunrise pics from there... :)

err... you should choose somewhere close to you.

I can see the sunrise from my bedroom window and from an unofficial survey, 4 out of 5 days the sun is blocked by clouds on the horizon.

dominator said:
but i believe the trees at mt faber are higher than the mt itself to see sunrise properly..
climbed up the trees then.. haha lolx. maybe there is a place without so much trees.. where your view is not blocked by the trees barx.. :dunno:

possibilities at Ponggol.....

7045treerevisited.jpg

7045sunrise1.jpg

East coast is fine for sunrise. However, do note that you don't get to see the sun rising from the horizon everyday. It really depends on the weather conditions...if its too cloudy, the sun will just be blocked by the clouds when its rising. So its really a hit and miss affair. :)

Bedok jetty
Changi Broadwalk
Punggol
Pasir Ris
Changi Beach
East Coast
Merlion

anywhere that can see the east side will do, of course you will need to think of your composition as well, so choose a location that have some features that you want to include in your image.

Cheers and do post your pictures

For sample shots can look in the gallery

Alex, just to check the Punggol u mention is somewhere near to Punggol MRT or the one near to the Sg Seranggon?Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.