Sunrise and sunset at pulau ubin

Status
Not open for further replies.

spawninc

Aug 12, 2003
Visit site
Hi,

does anyone know where is the best place to capture sunset and sunrise at pulau ubin? and roughly what time need to be ready?

chek jawa for sunrise and puaka hill for sunset

timing can check weather forecasts for approximate sunrise and sunset times :)

aloyteo said:
chek jawa for sunrise and puaka hill for sunset

timing can check weather forecasts for approximate sunrise and sunset times :)

How can you get to chek jawa early in the morning? Likewise, how do you get off puaka in the late evening? So dangerous imo. Have you tried it b4?

redstone said:
Err, reach there in late afternoon, wait for sun to set, shoot.

Camp there overnight.

Wake up very early, like 6 something.

Wait for sun to rise then shoot. ;p :bsmilie:

Good ideal, but how to kill the time till next morning. :)

camping on top of puaka, wah! even more dangerous, what if kena thunderstorm, you at the highest point of ubin :eek:

Actually at the jetty is good enough for sunset as you get a rather flat horizon. Just nice too after a day of shooting at ubin and time to go back.

redstone said:
astro photograhy? :bsmilie: ;p

lightning photography? :bsmilie:

redstone said:
Camp on ground level near the hill.

When sun sets or rises, climb up hill and shoot lo. :bsmilie:

Have you got any idea how the hill is like? Not BK timah leh where u got tarmac pavement :sticktong

i climbed the hill before. there is the so called 4 levels thing, each level gives a different view. of course for the best view go to the top level lah...

yup lightning is a major risk. so do not camp there overnight. go there to shoot sunset and get down as soon as possible once u finish shooting. there should still be some light available but always bring a torchlight. then camp at mamam or noordin. then morning go chek jawa shoot sunrise.

any1 going there 2 shoot sunset? i can lend 1 spare flashlight if it gets dark. can illuminate 10m ahead, gd enough 4 walking in darkness. :)

if d sky is clear, these few days still got moonlight (at least 1/2 moon). wont b pitch black dark. ;p

aloyteo said:
i climbed the hill before. there is the so called 4 levels thing, each level gives a different view. of course for the best view go to the top level lah...

yup lightning is a major risk. so do not camp there overnight. go there to shoot sunset and get down as soon as possible once u finish shooting. there should still be some light available but always bring a torchlight. then camp at mamam or noordin. then morning go chek jawa shoot sunrise.

Is Chek Jawa accessible without the need of getting permission?

longkangman said:
Good ideal, but how to kill the time till next morning. :)

ever tried killing mosquitoes???

Thank you guyz for all the replies :D

it sounds like jetty and puaka hill are the best place to shoot sunset. a question here: normally how long does it take to reach the top of the hill? sorry, i m new to ubin :embrass:

longkangman said:
Actually true will be bz killing mosquitoes, but not me army train me well. :)
So one have to take care of rain, lightning, mosquito, ghost etc.

how do u take caer of lightning & ghosts? :bigeyes:

my sir say got lightning den seek shelter, like i m Flash! :bsmilie:

sORe-EyEz said:
how do u take caer of lightning & ghosts? :bigeyes:

Just don't look at them or wear sunglass. :cool:

my sir say got lightning den seek shelter, like i m Flash! :bsmilie:

My time thunder still go ahead with mission no like now halt and seek shelter.
Now super puma my time still uh1h lah.

Status
Not open for further replies.