Sunrise (7am) in the middle of the SEA!

derrickder

May 18, 2010
Singapore
4937721756_54f7c0646b_z.jpg

1. in what area is critique to be sought?
Composition, colours

2. what one hopes to achieve with the piece of work?
I hope to improve on my shooting skills, and possibly frame a few up.

3. under what circumstance is the picture taken? (physical conditions/emotions)
Olympus E450. Contrast processing done. Taken on the cruise ship.

4. what the critique seeker personally thinks of the picture
I think it's good. But I would like to know how could this be improved. I tried a landscape shot but it didn't look as good.

C&C welcomed.

Nice! Such scenic view is always pleasant to the eye.
To me, it would be nice to have this in landscape instead wider horizon.
Just a thought.. Like it the way it is already..

you know,its nice.. but somehow i think it looks too much like a wallpaper or a postcard..
maybe lacking depth.. like foreground background kinda thingy..

maybe taking from inside the cruise ship cabin abit, see the railings , then like give the viewer sort of a feel that they are standing there and seeing the sunrise...

saw something like that posted by Ghaz bro in our bedok reservoir outing before.. see here.. http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showpost.php?p=6410532&postcount=104

May I suggest.. a square crop?

very nice. must be lovely to be there.
however there's no point of interest, makes my eyes roam all over the picture.
good job in capturing the mood though, well done.

Thank you people! :D Very encouraging indeed!

very nice. must be lovely to be there.
however there's no point of interest, makes my eyes roam all over the picture.
good job in capturing the mood though, well done.

Yeah it is. I woke up specially to catch this, haha.

beautiful..I feel if there's a subject(boat etc) in the foreground, the photo could be nicer...

beautiful..I feel if there's a subject(boat etc) in the foreground, the photo could be nicer...

i concur with this. now i see is just vastness. i notice a trend for ppl to place rocks/swans/birds/boats at the foreground to make it more interesting.

Waking up and being there in a cruise ship after all the food from the previous evening and being able to capture such a lovely sunrise like this deserves its place; be it no forground or point of interest, postcard or not postcard, etc

I wish I was there soaking it all in.

I dig the shot for the opportunity given to the TS.

Let's not get too technical as it was a once-in-a-lifetime shot ... maybe not, unless eh goes on a cruise again. But weather and foreground subjects are not and should not be made artificial, especially when out at sea! Rules are sometimes meant to be broken.

:thumbsup: Good!

I dig the shot for the opportunity given to the TS.

Let's not get too technical as it was a once-in-a-lifetime shot ... maybe not, unless eh goes on a cruise again. But weather and foreground subjects are not and should not be made artificial, especially when out at sea! Rules are sometimes meant to be broken.

:thumbsup: Good!

Yeah. Haha. Cruising doesn't always occur!

And yeah, you should've been there. The breeze was AWESOME.