Sunpak 383

Status
Not open for further replies.

Falcon

Jan 18, 2002
Is sunpak 383 gd? Is it an auto-flash like vivatar 285?

Vivitar 285 is a fully manual flash lah, not auto.

Originally posted by Verre Vrai
The Sunpak is similar to the Vivitar, both having Auto and Manual modes. The Sunpak is better in one aspect, that is it can swivel.

Is it as strong as the Vivatar? How much is it?

Originally posted by shawntim
Is it as strong as the Vivatar? How much is it?
It is as powerful. But sadly, no shop in Spore carries teh Sunpak stock. You're lucky if you can find a 2nd hand one around.

The Vivitar 285 is an autoflash.

The Sunpak 383 is said to be similar in performance but has the added ability to swivel.

Haven't spotted any in singapore though. You are better off going for a Nikon/Metz if you don't mind paying more.

Originally posted by Zerstorer

The Vivitar 285 is an autoflash.

The Sunpak 383 is said to be similar in performance but has the added ability to swivel.

Haven't spotted any in singapore though. You are better off going for a Nikon/Metz if you don't mind paying more.

Oh it is? I was told by a saleman that V285HX is a full manual flash and it is not easy to find in Singapore. :confused:

the salesman was smoking u I guess...

Vivitar 285hv is an auto flash with manual options..
and it is readily available in Singapore. Many clubsnappers are using it, including me. ;)

Originally posted by Tweek
the salesman was smoking u I guess...

Vivitar 285hv is an auto flash with manual options..
and it is readily available in Singapore. Many clubsnappers are using it, including me. ;)

I have try many places as I mentioned above, all no stock!!! Hmm...:(

that's weird cuz stock used to be abundant..

have u tried mustafa?

I have try many places as I mentioned above, all no stock!!! Hmm...:(

heh, blame clubsnap... everyone buying it :p

so ap, fotoguide, ms color, etc etc don't have it?

evergreen model mah haha... like buying the super power motor then slowly adjust to fit the lesser needs. the extra power can be used to come up with fancy lighting patterns..

Asked a couple of shops and was told that the Vivitar 285 HV will arrive in 2 weeks.

Btw, AP quoted me $120, though I wonder if they'll still sell at that price when stock arrives; MS Color quoted me $130.

At the moment, I'm a little undecided between the Metz 32z-1 ($170) and the 285. Any recommendations/opinions?

what's the diff? gn ard there can liao.. the swivel/tilt and slaveable?

Originally posted by denizenx
what's the diff? gn ard there can liao.. the swivel/tilt and slaveable?

There's also this varipower feature of the 285 which is absent on the metz. Any idea what's this feature about?

Originally posted by Falcon
Is sunpak 383 gd? Is it an auto-flash like vivatar 285?
I have the Sunpak Super 383 Auto. It is pretty much on par with the Vivitar 285HV (and costs about the same amount of money), with the primary difference being that the Sunpak unit can swivel but has no built-in zoom head, whereas the Vivitar unit has zoom but no swivel. Both have the same guide number, 120 feet (~36 metres) @ ISO 100. I personally think the controls on the Sunpak are a lot more user-friendly than the Vivitar one, but that's a pretty minor issue. In general, if you're looking for a good all-purpose generic auto flashgun, you can't go wrong with either one.

i know what's a swivel but what is a flash zoom head?

Originally posted by shawntim
i know what's a swivel but what is a flash zoom head?

For different shootings. My Vivitar has 3 zoom position; wide, normal, tele. :)

Fotoguide, and a few other shops at PP are selling that. In fact, Alex Photo at the 2nd floor is selling a 2nd hand Vivitar, saw it yesterday. Darn, and the color of the calculator looks better then mine. :(

Status
Not open for further replies.