sunny sea

Status
Not open for further replies.

bsplenden

Mar 25, 2004
holland ave
advise needed here.. if i will be out and sea on a sunny day... wat shld i do to minimise glare from the reflection of seawater?

i dun think i hav the chance to shoot in the early morning or late afternoon...

bsplenden said:
advise needed here.. if i will be out and sea on a sunny day... wat shld i do to minimise glare from the reflection of seawater?

i dun think i hav the chance to shoot in the early morning or late afternoon...
Use a Cir-PL filter... should cut out reflections...

nickmak said:
Use a Cir-PL filter... should cut out reflections...

will under exposing the photo have the same effect as a CPL filter?

bsplenden said:
will under exposing the photo have the same effect as a CPL filter?

no. I think the reflections will be enhanced instead cos the rest of the picture is under-exposed. Use a polariser, your pic will come out prettier too.

foxtwo said:
no. I think the reflections will be enhanced instead cos the rest of the picture is under-exposed. Use a polariser, your pic will come out prettier too.

icic.... think i need to search on the uses of a polariser liao... thks a lot. :)

bsplenden said:
icic.... think i need to search on the uses of a polariser liao... thks a lot. :)
polarisers not only stop reflections, but also enhances some colours... Like the blue in the sky :)

nickmak said:
polarisers not only stop reflections, but also enhances some colours... Like the blue in the sky :)

yea... just read abt it. which brand do u recommend? cos i am on a rather tight budget... :think:

bsplenden said:
yea... just read abt it. which brand do u recommend? cos i am on a rather tight budget... :think:

wats ur lense thread size? although brand plays a part, the bigger ur lense thread size the more costly it gets. CL-PL is more expensive than L-PL, but if u using AF camera then u can only use CL-PL. (correct me if wrg ;) )

foxtwo said:
wats ur lense thread size? although brand plays a part, the bigger ur lense thread size the more costly it gets. CL-PL is more expensive than L-PL, but if u using AF camera then u can only use CL-PL. (correct me if wrg ;) )

wat is lens thread size? issit the 58mm thingy? hoya expensive? i using AF cam... but it can MF oso... meaning i can toggle betw af and mf. but i think i will just get the CL-PL....

Status
Not open for further replies.