Sunglasses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Galdor

Jul 5, 2006
Planet Gaia
s105.photobucket.com
Hi,

I have been accompanying my friend to hunt for a suitable sunglass. We have been to Spectacle Hut, Optical 88, Capitol Optical and Jolly Care but still cannot find anything suitable. Anyone has any good recommendation that has a large collection of sunglasses? (Not looking for Oakley)

What's he looking for? I love my rudy projects

MUCH cheaper to order from the states anyway

Queensway is good. Easily 10-15% cheaper than city retailers.

What's he looking for? I love my rudy projects

MUCH cheaper to order from the states anyway

oh yeah...rudyprojects rule...i've had my 2 pairs for about 6 years now and been through snow, sand, mud, and salt, and still going strong. much prefer it to oakleys for the excellent colour and contrast.

He has tried a couple of brands but I guess he wants something to suit his face more than the brand itself.

Same with me... That's why I went RP. Most comfy for my face, and the shape suits my face shape too. :)

Does Rudy Project do lenses with degrees in them, i.e. prescription lenses? Edit: Sorry if I seem to be hijacking the thread.

Last edited:
Does Rudy Project do lenses with degrees in them, i.e. prescription lenses? Edit: Sorry if I seem to be hijacking the thread.

yup they do

Went to YES! Eyewear at Suntec this evening and it's closed for renovation. :(

Saw the Rudy Project ones and their lenses are interchangable. :thumbsup:

Rudy Project are good. I have one myself, and I love their excellent optics. Serve me well when I was outstation under the blazing hot sun of the Middle East.

yes, they are called Rx lenses. you can find out more about them on the website.

why not get lasik and fuhgeddabotit
hahaha

i just did my lasik..still have the habit of trying to take off my glasses when i wash my face. refreshing!

yes, they are called Rx lenses. you can find out more about them on the website.

why not get lasik and fuhgeddabotit
hahaha

i just did my lasik..still have the habit of trying to take off my glasses when i wash my face. refreshing!

16 year old turning 17. Lasik now for what >.>

Oh, thanks for the info. Means I can just order a sunglass frame, specify that i want Rx lenses with given degrees, and they'll put together just like that?

Last edited:
Try Sunglass Hut (it's not related to spectacle hut)
There's outlets in Vivocity and Plaza Singapura, as well as millenia walk and the flyer mall. would recommend the first two cus the shops selection slightly more i think.
u can also go to the T3 public area, no GST for the sunglasses somemore hehehe

for us asian faces, it's better to wear sunglasses that have lenses are less curved. the straighter the better. but it varies for different individuals, depending on the nose bridge and cheek bones.

and most brands have RX sunglasses.. Rayban is your safest bet.. oakleys.. etc. even Ralph Lauren Polo has it too =)

hope this helps!

btw if you want prescribed lenses, there's extra charges... also consider this: if the short-sighted degree changes = must change sunglasses. a bit waste money. so i'd recommend contact lenses + sunglasses instead.

Status
Not open for further replies.