Sungei Road going into history

The station will carry the heritage of the famous flea market that was there - how ironic.

Maybe they will relocate them to near by lane.

The current set up is a far cry from the sixties. Even Sim Lim Sq is loosing the shine. They should consider to bring back some old charm rather than the standard shopping centres with the usual outlets.

That's why taking photos in Singapore new building is a waste of time. Must hunt/track down those old one for memories. My childhood places, all gone, thanks to the new development which I hardly use. :(

That's why taking photos in Singapore new building is a waste of time. Must hunt/track down those old one for memories. My childhood places, all gone, thanks to the new development which I hardly use. :(

We need the newer high tech amenities and infrastructure to attract FTs to come and work and live here.

Let us bring back all those we miss..

Singapore river with ...... before the clean up
China town food stalls with cockroaches running all over the place
Kampong spirit with those 36-door disposal
Watch TV at Community center instead watching them at home

Any more to add??

the flea market vendors have asked the authorities for alternative locations but the dumb & absurd reply was for them to tender for market stalls:what:

the flea market vendors have asked the authorities for alternative locations but the dumb & absurd reply was for them to tender for market stalls:what:

All they think abt is $$$$$$$ all $$$ crazy.... can't they use their head??? if those vendors therre got $$$$$$ you all think they will be there???

Any more to add??

Ah Kuas at Bugis street,

Clinic at Middle Road.

how does that sound?

All they think abt is $$$$$$$ all $$$ crazy.... can't they use their head??? if those vendors therre got $$$$$$ you all think they will be there???

do you like them to pasar malam their goods around your house? store their stocks at the corridors around your blocks?

Last edited:

Any more to add??

>>There were crabs there even then. Now, I see frogs :D

>> As long as the food is cheap and good.

>> Did not live in a house with those, but the one I lived in wasn't that clean either.
This is the only creature comfort I'd want.

>> Don't really mind. Don't watch much TV anyway :D

Ah Kuas at Bugis street,
>> Not if you don't go finding them (nothing wrong anyway; today they are on All Streets :D ).
I lived next to Bugis St btw, never really encountered much Ah Kuas actually unless going Bugis at night to buy makan and even then, they were more in the center of Bugis St rather than everywhere.

Clinic at Middle Road.
>> Wah! This one I only got vauge recollection. :D

I dig into my memories, I was happy then too.

Last edited:
do you like them to pasar malam their goods around your house? store their stocks at the corridors around your blocks?

I operate a flea market stall in China Square Central for the past 10 years.

Wealthy, privileged and elitist city slicker like you cannot understand our hardship and suffering as a flea market stall-owner. :bsmilie:

:)

Last edited:
I operate a flea market stall in China Square Central for the past 10 years.

Wealthy, privileged and elitist city slicker like you cannot understand our hardship and suffering as a flea market stall-owner. :bsmilie:

:)
u selling soiled/used panties ?