Sungei Burol

Status
Not open for further replies.

Red-I

Dec 29, 2005
Hi. Just to share some pics on my trip to Sungei Burol. Comments to help me improve welcome! New to taking pics of nature.....

PC230132Marked.jpg
[/IMG]

PC230124Marked.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020703Marked.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020687Marked.jpg
[/IMG]

Cheers

Must also share pics of this majestic bird... not good at capturing birds in flight. Lighting was bad as it was close to 7pm.

P1020860Marked.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020848Marked.jpg
[/IMG]

Cheers

Red-I said:
Must also share pics of this majestic bird... not good at capturing birds in flight. Lighting was bad as it was close to 7pm.

P1020860Marked.jpg
[/IMG]

P1020848Marked.jpg
[/IMG]

Cheers

Good captures, would be better if it was sharp ...

Thanks for comments guys!

Yes not the best shots but had the urge to share these cos they were so majestic in flight. It was close to sunset and I was on my way out when I saw this bird. Only had time to set to ISO400 and went shooting away leaving the camera to do the settings. Zoomed all the way at 200mm (35mm equivalent of 400mm). For the first picture was set at F6.3 1/250 shuttle speed; and the second at F5.6, 1/160 shuttle speed. The pictures are cropped, and magnified with PS, so quite a bit of noise.

The flight was over in a matter of seconds. What settings would be better to shoot birds in flight?

Cheers

Red-I said:
Thanks for comments guys!

Yes not the best shots but had the urge to share these cos they were so majestic in flight. It was close to sunset and I was on my way out when I saw this bird. Only had time to set to ISO400 and went shooting away leaving the camera to do the settings. Zoomed all the way at 200mm (35mm equivalent of 400mm). For the first picture was set at F6.3 1/250 shuttle speed; and the second at F5.6, 1/160 shuttle speed. The pictures are cropped, and magnified with PS, so quite a bit of noise.

The flight was over in a matter of seconds. What settings would be better to shoot birds in flight?

Cheers

I try to keep shutter above 1/350 , preferably 1/500 .

Thanks for the tip Eawtan.

Cheers.

composition was there..though the iguana seems normal..the panning shot was quite gd..but ur pics are blur..i assume u handheld while using tele lens?

Yes Dennisthetiger - see my earlier post. The panning shot was a chance encounter really and no time to do any tripod setup; set to auto and ISO400, and went snapping away (yes with tele lens); also very close to sunset.

Thanks for the comment; I'm very new so want to learn from other members. On the iguana shot, how should I improve? Thanks.

Cheers

on a joke side,would be interesting to see how the iguana "escape" if you move closer.
Would it attack you or jump into the pond.:bsmilie:

haha... funny thought. Depends whether he's hungry.

I believe its "Sungei Buloh" as in the Wetland Reserve with the mangrove swamps in the northern part of singapore?

oops... I didn't notice I typed "Burol" in the title....

Status
Not open for further replies.