Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve - 09 Oct 10 (Sat)

Status
Not open for further replies.

devilry

Feb 16, 2006
This coming Saturday, I would be making a trip down to Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve. Mainly we would be shooting birds and insects. Right now is the migration season, so there should be a lot of interesting birds to be seen.

I could help you guys to locate the birds and insects, but if there are more ppl going, there would be more pairs of eyes and I believe we would be able to spot even more things!

The basic details are as follow:
Place to meet: Sungei Buloh Wetland Reserve Main Entrance
Time: 7.30am to around 11.00am
Things to bring: Whatever camera (be it DSLR, Point-and-shoot, medium format etc.) and whatever lens that can allow you to shoot birds or insects.

There are no limit to the number of ppl in this trip, but if you are interested to go, pls leave ur name in this thread, and then PM me ur name & contact details so that I can do attendance check on the day itself.

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend

I gota go work now, I would update more details later.

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
3. LiverpoolMadman ( will join if no standby )
4. klwee

Just a quick update on the things to bring (However it is still totally dependent on what you want to shoot and how "strong" are you to resist mosquito bites ;p)

1. Your camera, flash, memory cards, lens (be it telephoto, macro, kit lens, wide angle lens etc. as long as it can capture what you want)

2. Tripod - Again its totally dependant on urself, whether u need it.

3. Water - The place can get pretty hot and humid, and you would be glad to have water to clean ur sweat or drink.

4. Insect repellant - Depending on yourself, whether you can tahan the mosquito bites. You are sure bound to be bitten by the commando mosquitos, so if you think you cant tahan the itchyness of mosquito bites, bring along an insect repellant.

5. Spare clothings - to change into a fresh set of clothes after the shoot, i think u will feel more comfortable too rite?

6. Binoculars & telescopes - Do bring along if u have it, they are perfect for viewing the birds.

7. Dressing attire - Just something comfortable for you to wear such that you can tahan the heat and stickiness of the sweat. By the way, wearing of "dull-coloured" clothings such as mud brown, khaki colours is strongly encouraged. Wearing of bright coloured clothings such as white, yellow, red is strongly discouraged because the birds are easily scared off by these colours.

8. Be safe and considerate to the nature reserve - just dun anyhow touch the insects or the monitor lizards. Take pictures and nothing else from the place. Leave ur footprints but not your litter in the nature reserve.

For some simple drinks and food wise, there is a small canteen inside Sungei Buloh, where u can get those can drinks, ice cream and simple food. So if u wan drinks, u still can get some over here. There are also lockers available, which if u bring clothings, towels etc which you will only need after the shoot, you can store them inside the lockers so u dun have to lug them around in the nature reserve.

Lastly, hope that we are able to spot tonnes of interesting birds and insects this saturday. Leave your name in this thread and see you guys.

I would reply everyone this Friday to confirm again your attendance, meanwhile if u last minute cant make it, do let me know in this thread or PM me. Thanks a lot ;)

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
4. klwee
5. khalel04
6. khalel04 (2nd person)

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
4. klwee
5. khalel04
6. khalel04 (2nd person)
7. Jacobs

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
4. klwee
5. khalel04
6. khalel04 (2nd person)
7. Jacobs
8. Redaro316

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
4. klwee
5. khalel04
6. khalel04 (2nd person)
7. Jacobs
8. Redaro316
9. lupinnktp

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
4. klwee
5. khalel04
6. khalel04 (2nd person)
7. Jacobs
8. Redaro316
9. lupinnktp
10.absolutt

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
4. klwee
5. khalel04
6. khalel04 (2nd person)
7. Jacobs
8. Redaro316
9. lupinnktp
10.absolutt
11. Daddy Bear

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
4. klwee
5. khalel04
6. khalel04 (2nd person)
7. Jacobs
8. Redaro316
9. lupinnktp
10.absolutt
11. Daddy Bear
12. Yilin

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
4. klwee
5. khalel04
6. khalel04 (2nd person)
7. Jacobs
8. Redaro316
9. lupinnktp
10.absolutt
11. Daddy Bear
12. Yilin
13. waladjam (helped to add in)
14. fatfish

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
4. klwee
5. khalel04
6. khalel04 (2nd person)
7. Jacobs
8. Redaro316
9. lupinnktp
10.absolutt
11. Daddy Bear
12. Yilin
14. fatfish
15. zzhihuaa

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
4. klwee
5. khalel04
6. khalel04 (2nd person)
7. Jacobs
8. Redaro316
9. lupinnktp
10.absolutt
11. Daddy Bear
12. Yilin
14. fatfish
15. zzhihuaa
16. iVintage

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
3. LiverpoolMadman ( will join if no standby, anyone wants to share a cab from Jurong area )
4. klwee
5. khalel04
6. khalel04 (2nd person)
7. Jacobs
8. Redaro316
9. lupinnktp
10.absolutt
11. Daddy Bear
12. Yilin
14. fatfish
15. zzhihuaa
16. iVintage

funmatt like to join in too.i'm a beginner into photography just 2 months ago.contact nos 96333050.

Me, too.

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
3. LiverpoolMadman ( will join if no standby, anyone wants to share a cab from Jurong area )
4. klwee
5. khalel04
6. khalel04 (2nd person)
7. Jacobs
8. Redaro316
9. lupinnktp
10.absolutt
11. Daddy Bear
12. Yilin
14. fatfish
15. zzhihuaa
16. iVintage
17. funmatt
18. iansiah

Funmatt, added your name to the list :)

funmatt like to join in too.i'm a beginner into photography just 2 months ago.contact nos 96333050.

Please count me in too.

1. Devilry
2. Devilry friend
4. klwee
5. khalel04
6. khalel04 (2nd person)
7. Jacobs
8. Redaro316
9. lupinnktp
10.absolutt
11. Daddy Bear
12. Yilin
14. fatfish
15. zzhihuaa