Sungei Buloh Photography Trip

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kind of bored doing photography alone most of the time. So inviting photographers out there who wanna join, but not too big group lah. At most to be 8 pax.

For those who are coming along, we'll set-off exactly at 7.00am sharp from Kranji MRT, and here's my number, H/P - 94515650

Theme: Flora & Fauna
Date: 17/2, Sun
Time & Location of Meet-up: 7.00am SHARP at Kranji MRT Station
Remarks: Wld apprciate very very very muchhh for those who joining to refrain fr practicing rubber time...;)

***Note: Anyone familiar with this place to join would very very good. This is our (myself and two of my other photographer frenzzz) first time setting our footsteps there...:embrass:

Below are some info which I cld gather on the website. Hope this is useful. For better understanding on this site, would advice you guys to log into the website and find out more.
Opening Hours:
7.30am to 7.00pm on weekdays
7.00am to 7.00pm on Sundays & Public Holidays
Admission:
Free entry except on Saturdays, Sundays, Public Holidays and School Holidays.
$1.00 per adult
$0.50 per child/student/senior citizen
Daily
Board SMRT Bus 925 from Kranji MRT Station. Alight at Kranji Reservoir Carpark and walk across the road to the entrance of the trail. It takes an approximate 30-mins walk to the Reserve.

Route 1 - Enjoy the tranquility and the serenity of the mangrove habitat. The route circles two main ponds and passes the Aquatic Plant Pond where you can see a good collection of aquatic plants. The route is approximately 3 km and takes 1-2 hr walk.
Facilities
Observation hides: Good spotting areas for bird-watching during migratory seasons. Also serves as a resting area.
Screens: Located along the trails to allow visitors to peer through the peep-holes to spot animals.
Aerie: An 18-m tall tower hide that offers panoramic view of the wetland reserve.
Platforms: A scenic look-out point that also serves as a resting and picnic spot.
Sluice gates: Control the flow of water in and out of the pond.

Route 2 - Let the longest boardwalk bring you through the mangrove arboretum. This route leads you to the tower hide and the prawn pond where traditional prawn harvesting demonstration takes place. The route is approximately 5 km and takes 2-3 hr walk.
Facilities
Observation hides: Good spotting areas for bird-watching during migratory seasons. Also serves as a resting area.
Screens: Located along the trails to allow visitors to peer through the peep-holes to spot animals.
Tower hide: Climb up this tower for a panoramic view of the reserve.
Boardwalk: Come on board the longest boardwalk of the reserve. This 575 meters raised walkway is a link to bring you from route 1 to route 3 while immersing you in the mangrove habitat.

Route 3 - The inhabitants of the freshwater habitat await your visit. Look out for the nesting Baya Weaver and common waterbirds like the Bittern, White-breasted Waterhen and White Brow Crake. The route is approximately 7 km and takes 4-5 hr walk.
Facilities

Confirm going;
1) SKYimage (Jurong West)
2) ISK (Bukit Batok)
3) Khai (Sumwhere in Singapore)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

If you go on 17/2, the bus #925 goes all the way to just outside the lane leading to the SBWR entrance. This bus service goes there on Sundays and public holidays. On other days (including Saturdays), you would need to alight at the Kranji Reservoir carpark as you described.

And if you go early (<0730hrs), the entry fee is even waived. Realy early bird catches the worm !

If you go on 17/2, the bus #925 goes all the way to just outside the lane leading to the SBWR entrance. This bus service goes there on Sundays and public holidays. On other days (including Saturdays), you would need to alight at the Kranji Reservoir carpark as you described.

And if you go early (<0730hrs), the entry fee is even waived. Realy early bird catches the worm !
thanks for the advice.:thumbsup:

Hi All, I am familiar with the SBWR but unfortunately can't join you guys on Sunday 17 Feb (clashes with Church time). Earliest I can join you guys for a trip there is Sat 1 Mar 2008.
You guys have fun. Remember to bring drinking water.
Cheers.
Porcupine

Hi All, I am familiar with the SBWR but unfortunately can't join you guys on Sunday 17 Feb (clashes with Church time). Earliest I can join you guys for a trip there is Sat 1 Mar 2008.
You guys have fun. Remember to bring drinking water.
Cheers.
Porcupine

Thanks... maybe some other time perhap?:think:

ahahhh, pray for us that it'll not rain, will ya? ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.