[SunChasersSG] - TCSS thread (Part XIII)

Status
Not open for further replies.
kriegsketten said:
Btw... with regards to breakfast yesterday...

I da bao-ed some of the Chi-cheong-fun back for my family to eat.

Sad to say, didn't quite make it... The primary culprit for the failure is the chi-cheong-fun itself... simply thicker than it should have been even if it was hand-made (and I've tasted better at some other kopitiams). Thickness itself kinda covered up the taste of the ingredients it holds, no matter how much soy-sauce you add. Hence, you literary taste more flour than anything...

Sure, they are certainly creative in their use of ingredients... But if the "skin" is that thick... I might as well go out buy and eat the real D24s, and Char Siews themselves... The scallop, I feel is a bit not "fresh" having tasted cooked scallops that were from the frozen form during CNY very recently.

Bottom line, not worth the $$ I've paid for... Above is just my honest opinion, hope the owner improves the "flour skin". Otherwise, yesterday will be my last purchase... Don't have to agree to my opinion, everyone's preferences are different.

The Nasi Lemak however, is up to the usual standards alright. Okay to come back for seconds! :)

Hard because of long delay after buying la. . Who the stupid driver. Haha

Hard because of long delay after buying la. . Who the stupid driver. Haha

Like dat you might as well complain about the stupid co-driver who can't help much...:bsmilie:

Not hard lah... just overly thick! :bsmilie:

Last edited:
I check dictionary ==> one who is the best at what one does.

Pilot :bsmilie:

Oooops

Btw... with regards to breakfast yesterday...

I da bao-ed some of the Chi-cheong-fun back for my family to eat.

Sad to say, didn't quite make it... The primary culprit for the failure is the chi-cheong-fun itself... simply thicker than it should have been even if it was hand-made (and I've tasted better at some other kopitiams). Thickness itself kinda covered up the taste of the ingredients it holds, no matter how much soy-sauce you add. Hence, you literary taste more flour than anything...

Sure, they are certainly creative in their use of ingredients... But if the "skin" is that thick... I might as well go out buy and eat the real D24s, and Char Siews themselves... The scallop, I feel is a bit not "fresh" having tasted cooked scallops that were from the frozen form during CNY very recently.

Bottom line, not worth the $$ I've paid for... Above is just my honest opinion, hope the owner improves the "flour skin". Otherwise, yesterday will be my last purchase... Don't have to agree to my opinion, everyone's preferences are different.

The Nasi Lemak however, is up to the usual standards alright. Okay to come back for seconds! :)

lolx.. the Nasi Lemak and the yi bao hei fei is better.. e rest is average nah..

daredevil123 said:
You have been promoted to Top Gun already. Smiles88 can pass the crown to you. :bsmilie::bsmilie:

Hahaha ok I must accept that title I suppose :) no choice!

Status
Not open for further replies.