[SunChasersSG] Newbies Outing TCSS (Part 21) - Sunrise @ Clifford 27 Nov 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

coolthought

Jun 23, 2008
This is the tcss for this outing
Any sort of discussion on the outing will be here.

edit.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Readings to help you in the coming shoot

These are topics you should read up on that will be very useful for the coming shoot. Read these topics, that will help you a lot in the coming outing. Try to apply the concepts in the coming outing.

11 Surefire Landscape Photography Tips

12 Tips for Photographing Stunning Sunsets (Sunrises)

Getting everything into focus (Hyperfocal Distance) - credit Albert

Leveling horizon in complex scenes - credit Albert

Other basic stuff you should also read.

Camera basics
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/showthread.php?t=309544

Composition
http://www.amateursnapper.com/photog...position-rules
http://digital-photography-school.co...mposition-tips

Last edited:
so whats the deal?

meeting place shooting place...

whos driving?

CT, you should provide the map or street directory for those people who not familiar how to go to the place..:sweat:

CT, you should provide the map or street directory for those people who not familiar how to go to the place..:sweat:
if secret location then can PM the map once list is finalized.
but since location has been announced, then no harm I guess... I think CT still fine-tuning the location :)

so whats the deal?

meeting place shooting place...

whos driving?
Probably we can start a car pool here later

if secret location then can PM the map once list is finalized.
but since location has been announced, then no harm I guess... I think CT still fine-tuning the location :)

The current place I have in mind may not be able to accommodate 30 people. I still need to make a trip down there to look for a better location.

In the mean time just watch out the first post in the sign up thread for any changes in location and I will pm the exact location of shoot. We will meet right at the shooting location.

Last edited:

hey you're back from ur extravagant dining trip in japan ah!

all ur food photos make people hungry only lor!!! hahahaha:bsmilie:

I have checked the map and the sunrise direction and did a simple geometry. The Clifford pier may not be ideal as the the sun will be directly behind the MBS's 3 "tablets" and will be probably be block till it is quite high. I will scout out new location before giving the confirmation.

hey you're back from ur extravagant dining trip in japan ah!

all ur food photos make people hungry only lor!!! hahahaha:bsmilie:

Ha..ha..there is more pictures on the thread. (got XMM and kawaii girls..:devil:)

Ha..ha..there is more pictures on the thread. (got XMM and kawaii girls..:devil:)

Buay cute leh. Their make up too thick already. :bsmilie: Bro Jacobs, you know now I not dare to look at your tt thread? Later I feel super hungry, while all I can eat is porridge.... :cry:

Buay cute leh. Their make up too thick already. :bsmilie: Bro Jacobs, you know now I not dare to look at your tt thread? Later I feel super hungry, while all I can eat is porridge.... :cry:
shall I post up some photos of sashimi, or maybe our famous CURRY FISH HEAD @ T.P. North??? ;)

:complain: I just finished eating. :sticktong
ok since you said so! :)

4703067757_ae9bf08d21_b.jpg

Hi Bros,

I have a question i registered for your outing however i stay at woodlands and the 1st train timing is at 533am even if i take the 1st train when i reach marina i will be late if we are meeting at 6am. Is there an alternative or i should withdraw now?

I think it be very unfair if i am late and i should give this chance to other newbies who can make it on time.

Thanks

Hi Bros,

I have a question i registered for your outing however i stay at woodlands and the 1st train timing is at 533am even if i take the 1st train when i reach marina i will be late if we are meeting at 6am. Is there an alternative or i should withdraw now?

I think it be very unfair if i am late and i should give this chance to other newbies who can make it on time.

Thanks
Hey bro, i stay at Katib. The first train is 528am, so reach marina is just nice about 6am. Howcome woodlands first train is later than Katib?

Last edited:
Hey bro, i stay at Kartib. The first train is 528am, so reach marina is just nice about 6am. Howcome woodlands first train is later than Kartib?

Hi Bro apologies, i saw the timing terminating at Jurong east but for mine is also 528am i stay at Woodlands area compare to katib to Marina by the time it reaches and i walk to the destination i am not sure if i can make it on time i do not wish to be late and then drag everyone down i think its very incosiderate.

First train service Monday to Saturday 0528 HRS

Cheers

Hi Bro apologies, i saw the timing terminating at Jurong east but for mine is also 528am i stay at Woodlands area compare to katib to Marina by the time it reaches and i walk to the destination i am not sure if i can make it on time i do not wish to be late and then drag everyone down i think its very incosiderate.

Cheers

Erm. Can either drive down, or can share a cab if taking a cab by yourself is siong.

:thumbsup: to you for being considerate!

Hi Bros,

Thanks

Cheers

don't worry lah. Just come. At least you have indicated that you will be late. It is okay to be late than not turning up. We will meet right at the shooting location.

The reason for getting there and be ready to shoot at 6am is that the first light appear at around then. You can get to witness and capture the moment when the sky turn from absolute black to a dark bluish sky that gets lighter and brighter till the sun is up.

The exercise is for you to observe the changing ambient light and how it will affect your photos.

Since this is Singapore latest shoot to death object, we will just focus on getting the basis right and you will be rewarded for it. Just cross fingers for a fine weather with just a bit of fast moving cloud.

Erm. Can either drive down, or can share a cab if taking a cab by yourself is siong.

:thumbsup: to you for being considerate!

Hello bro i dont drive hehe but i will be taking the 1st train...

My new place means easy to take MRT and come down ;p
Saw my name already up; thanks CT... see you there (hmm, now where is my camera)

Status
Not open for further replies.