Sunbird Shootout @ SBG 12Jun04

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi All,

Since there is some interest in Avian Photography, I thot it will be nice for us Newbies to gather and share & learn from one another.

So, I am organizing a Sunbird Shootout @ SBG this Sat 12Jun04!!

Why Sunbird? Cos' they are cute & beautiful and there are also native to Singapore. :cool:

Why SBG? Cos' there are lots of Sunbirds there (at least that's what I was told).

Why Newbies? Cos' we are newbies too. :embrass:

So may I suggest that we gather at Visitors' Centre @ SBG 8am and we should end by 12 noon (before it gets too hot).

What to bring?
Yourself, your cam (any cam, long zoom capabilities will be an advantage), tripod, remote control or cable release (if any), water, and for those who are afraid of mosquitos, insect repellent... and whatever you may need, (trolley for trolley uncle)... :D

Conditions: good weather, sweet nectar & willing birds. ;)

So if you are interested, pls let us know here so that we won't miss you out this Sat morning...c ya!! :bsmilie:

Yes I'm coming...
1. Madcat II

Madcat II said:
Hi All,

Since there is some interest in Avian Photography, I thot it will be nice for us Newbies to gather and share & learn from one another.

So, I am organizing a Sunbird Shootout @ SBG this Sat 12Jun04!!

i went there so many times never c sunbird leh??
but i know mandai orkid garden got a lot!!!!

my zoom only 300mm the bird looks so small in my pic, how to improve it??

Newbies too

Mai Tu Liao....on ah !

No long lens also can....lets share and learn together as newbies....

8am will be the move off time. Don't want to get too much harsh sunlight.

Mai tu liao!! Go go go!!! :gbounce:

1. Madcat II
2. Harlequin
3. Garion

This is a good chance for newbies to learn and share tips with more experienced photogs about avian photography, don't miss it! :thumbsup:

I want to go but out of town this week. :cry:

Would that be a 2nd round next Saturday? :dunno:

Recent trips to SBG found that there aren't as many sunbirds as last time along heliconia walk.

Anyway will drop by if at sbg :D

Kei said:
Recent trips to SBG found that there aren't as many sunbirds as last time along heliconia walk.

Anyway will drop by if at sbg :D
Haven't been to SBG for some time so not sure of the sunbird situation at Heliconia Walk. :D I remember sometime late last year there's lots of olive-backed and one or two crimson sunbirds along that patch of heliconias. Last I was there couple of months back, only saw a few. Not as many as before. :(

Hello Garion,

Thanks for the invitation. So sad that I can't join you guys on a saturday as I've got to teach a class. Any shoots on sundays instead? Would really love to join a outing on a sunday if possible.

regards,
tm

Unfortunately, I have to return to Camp on 12/6/04. :( Will join you guys next round.

Garion said:
Haven't been to SBG for some time so not sure of the sunbird situation at Heliconia Walk. :D I remember sometime late last year there's lots of olive-backed and one or two crimson sunbirds along that patch of heliconias. Last I was there couple of months back, only saw a few. Not as many as before. :(

yes garion is right, the sunbird population seems to have dropped in SBG recently. Bring a macro lens along just in case the sunbirds are a no-show, can shoot dragonflies and butterflies :bsmilie:

Zplus said:
hi gang! I should be able to join you guys!
What time are you all meeting up??
:D
Thats great. :) We'll be meeting @ 8.00a.m at SBG Visitor's Centre. Time to give your Sigma a workout. :D

cheesypoofs said:
yes garion is right, the sunbird population seems to have dropped in SBG recently. Bring a macro lens along just in case the sunbirds are a no-show, can shoot dragonflies and butterflies :bsmilie:
Well, there are other birds to shoot mar. Kingfishers for e.g. But dunno if Storky still around anot. ;)

BTW u coming too?

AdamGoi said:
Just did a cut and paste.

Ay, come join us at JBP on Saturday lar. We go shoot all kinds of birds. Best of all, its FOC. :devil:

*Runs away from Garion* :blah:
AdamGoi :hammer:

FOC? U sponsor all the entrants' tickets ar? :devil:

see ya saturday.....

1. Madcat II
2. Harlequin
3. Garion
4. flaemer

Newbies jointing .....

1. Madcat II
2. Harlequin
3. Garion
4. flaemer
5. kayaro888

ok I went to check out SBG today 8 Jun (just in case) to see if the sunbirds are around... ans: yes, some waiting required...

shot some shots and these are the best of today's efforts...
Crimson_Sunbird_1.jpg

Olive_Backed_Sunbird_1.jpg

perhaps not as many Sunbirds as in the past, but there are always other birds like waterhen, starlings, bulbul etc... and yes bring along a macro lens in case u get bored from waiting...

So if you are interested do join us, so far we attendance stands at 6-7, I supposed not more than 10 will be great group... I don't ensure we will get good pic, but I ensure we can learn from one another and have some fun... :D

C ya @ 8am on 12 Jun ;)

I'd like to come, but may not wake up in time, coz usually boozing on friday nite. :bsmilie:

Madcat II said:
ok I went to check out SBG today 8 Jun (just in case) to see if the sunbirds are around... ans: yes, some waiting required...

shot some shots and these are the best of today's efforts...
Crimson_Sunbird_1.jpg

Olive_Backed_Sunbird_1.jpg

perhaps not as many Sunbirds as in the past, but there are always other birds like waterhen, starlings, bulbul etc... and yes bring along a macro lens in case u get bored from waiting...

So if you are interested do join us, so far we attendance stands at 6-7, I supposed not more than 10 will be great group... I don't ensure we will get good pic, but I ensure we can learn from one another and have some fun... :D

C ya @ 8am on 12 Jun ;)
Hey Jason, those are great shots! :thumbsup: Good to know that the sunbirds are still around. So what r the rest of u waiting for? Come join the fun this Sat at 8.00a.m at SBG Visitor Centre! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.