Sun Sniper strip

Jontee07

Sep 14, 2011
North-East
Hi,

I saw on a website saying that sun sniper strip is good. Anyone is using Sun Sniper Strip for their camera?

Jontee07 said:
Hi,

I saw on a website saying that sun sniper strip is good. Anyone is using Sun Sniper Strip for their camera?

A lot of people here are using sun sniper/black rapid straps. Whether its good or not depends on yr preference

I am using a black rapid and a Optech and I like both of them alot. One of the reason I don't get the sunsniper is because it seemed very big and bulky... but that does not mean it is not good.

I think the sunsniper should be comfortable enough though.

Hi spree86 / rhino123,

Thank you for the information. Is it safe to hang the camera as I can see only a nut is attached to the bottom mounting screw hole? Kinda of risky as it will come off easily. Hope to know more of this before I purchase one to use.

I'm using a black rapid sports R2. I cannot speak for the v1 - I have also used on occasion my friend's sunsniper pro -

Personally, I feel the comfort level of the sunsniper is better. Easier to wear in a long haul. The weight distribution is better, and the curve and padding around the shoulders is more comfy.

Buts.
The black rapid system is better functionally. The carabiner system of the BR allows multi connections on lens collar mounts (i don't use it though) and the tripod mount and switching to and fro lenses faster. They also have T1 connector for tripod base, again, I've yet to adopt it since my tripod system is still at entry level. But the option is there. Finally, the plastic stoppers that black rapid has and the sunsniper don't.

Now if only they'd marry the two together =)

Hi Jonathan Ang,

Thanks for the detail information on the straps. Really wondering which one to choose since there are pro and con for both straps. Like what you say how I wish both are combine together to get all the best in one. ;)

Hi Jonathan Ang,

Thanks for the detail information on the straps. Really wondering which one to choose since there are pro and con for both straps. Like what you say how I wish both are combine together to get all the best in one. ;)

One of the negative review about the sunsniper is that the steel version will fray and steel wires will poke out of the padding making it very uncomfortable to wear.

I just use the knockoff strap: Q-Strap (or Quick Strap)...

One of the negative review about the sunsniper is that the steel version will fray and steel wires will poke out of the padding making it very uncomfortable to wear.

Yes i wouldn't deny that too. I read that people cut out the steel wire when it does. My friend's started fraying. But still, it doesn't detract from the fact it's more comfy!

Best thing is to have the best of the two...wishful thinking haha!

Oh steel version will fray. Thought can use very long on this type of strap. Now is a hard choice to choose from. So many straps in the market.

I use the Sun Sniper Pro. It is more bulky than the BR but the decision factor for me was the bearing mounting (note - I think only the Pro version has this). The bearing allows the camera to rotate without the risk of the mounting coming loose from the camera. To some this may be a small issue but does give me a little more peace of mind.

The BR material seems smoother and more flexible. Like someone said ... if we can marry the two...

Hi Kermitfm,

From the way you say the bearing mounting can rotate without coming loose, that sound interesting to me. This way it will not have risk that the mounting will come out. That is something that I'm afraid will happen.

I'm kind of the kiasu person, was introduced this strap but I've easily rejected it. Doesn't give me the secure feeling :S

And the camera bouncing off my buttocks, knocking here and there.. scary sia. I very sayang my toys one :p

Hi Kermitfm,

From the way you say the bearing mounting can rotate without coming loose, that sound interesting to me. This way it will not have risk that the mounting will come out. That is something that I'm afraid will happen.
You can see how the mount looks like in the image below. More info at the sun-sniper website. This mount is only supplied with the pro version.

6836122821_403c9dca2d_m.jpg

Cotton carrier system allows you to carry your camera like a baby, and sayang it as and when you like. :bsmilie:

Alternatively you can also consider options like the Spider Holster or the Capture. Ultimately its all up to your own preference. :)

Cotton carrier abit exaggerating :bsmilie:

I have noticed the Capture for some time, a little skeptical about it. But after seeing that video you've shared, I am thinking of going down to the photo store to give it a try. looks reliable. :)

Cotton carrier abit exaggerating :bsmilie:

I have noticed the Capture for some time, a little skeptical about it. But after seeing that video you've shared, I am thinking of going down to the photo store to give it a try. looks reliable. :)

Reviews for Capture so far seem to be quite good, but I think it also depends highly on what you attach it to, e.g. a solid belt/ backpack strap. There was a video of a reviewer doing backflips on a trampoline with a DSLR attached to his belt, hahaha :bsmilie:

Hope you find something that suits you. :)

Reviews for Capture so far seem to be quite good, but I think it also depends highly on what you attach it to, e.g. a solid belt/ backpack strap. There was a video of a reviewer doing backflips on a trampoline with a DSLR attached to his belt, hahaha :bsmilie:

Hope you find something that suits you. :)

I would be attaching to my belt, which I feel it is a solid belt. I don't jump around or run, just clip it infront of me to keep my eyes on it and hold on to it to prevent knocks in crowded places. On the product video I've seen the guy clip it on the backpack strap and with a "lens secure" (IDK what is that, but I saw him attaching a thing to the white elephant to secure the lens), and he can run with his backpack without the camera and lens bouncing here and there. :bsmilie:

Wow, there are so many camera holder around. Now will have tough time to consider with one to purchase and use. Btw, I just became a father. So would like the camera holder to be easy access for quick photo taking of my child. Any suggest to which holder or strap is suitable? Hope to get better understanding before I process to buy one. Thank You.;)

Wow, there are so many camera holder around. Now will have tough time to consider with one to purchase and use. Btw, I just became a father. So would like the camera holder to be easy access for quick photo taking of my child. Any suggest to which holder or strap is suitable? Hope to get better understanding before I process to buy one. Thank You.;)

First... congrate on your newborn :D

Then... camera holders came in quite a few forms,

1) One that is for you to sling over your neck like the ones provided to you by the camera company.
2) One that is for you to sling across your shoulder such as - Blackrapid, Sunsniper, Luma loop, etc
3) Wrist holder.
4) Waist belt - not sure how to call this (this is a holder where you clip your camera onto a belt)

All the holder enable you to shoot quickly, you just grab your camera and pull it up to your eyes. And all of them can let you carry your camera comfortably too. So it still boils down to how you want to carry your camera.