Sun set at Punggol Jetty

Status
Not open for further replies.

ketsudogg

Feb 11, 2008
Hi everyone,
This image was taken at the jetty around 7am in the morning, i would love comments on how to improve the composition of this shot.

dsc00535hz3.jpg

is me or ....I don't see any picture attached.

i don't see it too...

Nice calm reflections.... :thumbsup:

Look slightly overexposed though....

well! 2 thirds rule in the composition would have balanced out ur pic perfectly:) like one off the members said, a little underexposure would have been good too:think: one must practice the basic compositions rules without fail.....its a good habit:think:they are actually easy to rememeber;)

wonderful, please tell me how you shoot sunset in early the morning 7am.. :bsmilie: :bsmilie: :bsmilie:

anyway, the horizon is a little tilted.

and the composition is a little dead centre.

agreed with the comments that it is too "dead center", and the horizon is a bit tilted, too little to be intended, enough for the eyes to see.
Would be better if it's a bit more under exposed.

this setting has great potential to make a great picture though.

still wondering abt the sunset at 7am ;)

hha oops, shld be sun rise

Haha, if its sunset over Punggol, then truely the sun has set on the East !

nice pic..but i was thinking if either more cropping or recomposing to have more of the glittering sea might create a different feel.

you have captured the nice golden hues of the sunrise well in this photo. i think that the central placement of the horizon is ok here, giving the photo a good balance between sun and reflection, sky and water. the horizontal elements of the photo suggest a more panoramic framing to give it more impact.as the details of the kelong are lost in the background of the hills, suggest bringing out the contrast between the kelong and the background more, perhaps also a little more sharpening to the image so that the small details (e.g. the vertical timber posts) can be seen more clearly.

e.g.
dsc00535hz3_a.jpg

thanks guys for all the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.