Sun Rise

Prince Photogenic

Dec 11, 2010
Yo. i suddenly felt like going to changi or pasir ris beach to take photos of sun rise tomorrow. any advice on place and/or settings?

For sunrise, need to reach the spot by 630am latest. Advise you to reach earlier to pick your spot. Quickly setup tripod & camera. I tried shooting sunrise from Changi Beach Park. not every morning you'll be able to view sunrise from there due to weather, so don't be disappointed if the sunrise didn't come up.

I used manual exposure, f/8 to f/16, slow shutter on tripod and keep at your camera base ISO.

info: When you're on tripod, turn off IS or VR on your lens, manual focus to near infinity. You can check Live View to adjust your focus.

Last edited:
For sunrise, need to reach the spot by 630am latest. Advise you to reach earlier to pick your spot. Quickly setup tripod & camera. I tried shooting sunrise from Changi Beach Park. not every morning you'll be able to view sunrise from there due to weather, so don't be disappointed if the sunrise didn't come up.

I used manual exposure, f/8 to f/16, slow shutter on tripod and keep at your camera base ISO.

dun forget the remote too ;)

dun forget the remote too ;)

I don't have faith in the shutter cable remote anymore since it spoils on me. I used the timer in the camera. Usually I set 2 sec delay. ;)

i dun have a remote.. shall stick to 2 secs

what is IS and VR?

If your camera supports "delayed exposure", use it too. What it does is to basically impose a delay after the mirror flaps open. The delay will allow the vibrations created by the mirror flap to settle down before making the exposure. :)

what is IS and VR?

In lens stabilization and vibration reduction.

On your Sony it's super steady shot (SSS) you need to turn it off when doing long exposure else you might get blur images

cloudy morning =(

yea it was . and a pretty cool one that was nice to sleep too. alas, i have to get outta bed and get to work.

so do u live in the east side? i've told myself countless times that i need to get outta bed at 5am to get the sunrise....

but somehow i always end up dreaming about it in my sleep. HAHA!

My tip for you is not to drop your lenses :)

yea it was . and a pretty cool one that was nice to sleep too. alas, i have to get outta bed and get to work.

so do u live in the east side? i've told myself countless times that i need to get outta bed at 5am to get the sunrise....

but somehow i always end up dreaming about it in my sleep. HAHA!

yeah. i live in tampines..

My tip for you is not to drop your lenses :)

after the incident i've always been careful.. hehe. but i can imagine what might happen if i drop my lens on the beach..