Sun & Moon

Status
Not open for further replies.

lil_princess

The title is as that as I was at this restaurant called Sun & Moon, located at Wheelock Place.
It has nothing to do with the photos that you will see.
It was my first time there, and I had my cam with me that day.
So I took some photos.... Not abstract one this time... :)

#1 - A Dobimmushi Pot
PICT4371bw.jpg

#2 - Light
PICT4389_lightwd.jpg

And here's 2 photos of the food...
This restaurant really knows how to present their food to their patrons nicely and beautifully.
Perhaps my photos had done the actual food presentation some injustice. :-/

PICT4377.jpg

pict4385.jpg

having been there before, i can say that the food's presentation is excellent, creative and colourful. the shishamo is really tasty. tempts me to go back again. thanks for sharing!

The first 2, well, good subject isolation techniques.
The food pictures, hmm te focusing like not there... Try using mannual if possible...

e food shots would look better if u had moved back.

hskism said:
The first 2, well, good subject isolation techniques.
The food pictures, hmm te focusing like not there... Try using mannual if possible...

Manual? I dont think I am able to... When I'm merely using a P&S digicam...

Like ur 1st 2 pict. nicely taken:thumbsup: :thumbsup: :thumbsup:

xray said:
#1 is nice, but #3 makes the food look disgusting.
Just as what I have mentioned earlier, I may have done some injustice to the food presentation that this restaurant served from the photos I took~ :confused:

But as what the quote as of below:
Horsba85 said:
having been there before, i can say that the food's presentation is excellent, creative and colourful. the shishamo is really tasty. tempts me to go back again. thanks for sharing!
.... The food is certainly not disgusting, and its worth a visit there. But be warn, for I went there with someone, just the 2 of us, we ordered till like 100bucks I guess. And we left the restaurant not feeling full at all! :bsmilie: Ended up we went elsewhere to eat somemore!

niece lil p....

pic #1, i like the form and texture of the pot as the main subject lends itself well in a b&w photo. the counterpoint to the main subject is well provided by the lady in the background.

i like pic #2 for its simplicity and lighting. the words at top left balance the pic v well.

pic #3 looks too messy for me, especially with the curly dollops of mayo everywhere. mebbe a macro shot of the sushi topping might work better.

in pic #4, only the top right quadrant appears to be in focus. perhaps you can try taking a shot from directly above the plate, so that everything on the plate can be in focus.

zaren said:
niece lil p....

pic #1, i like the form and texture of the pot as the main subject lends itself well in a b&w photo. the counterpoint to the main subject is well provided by the lady in the background.

i like pic #2 for its simplicity and lighting. the words at top left balance the pic v well.

pic #3 looks too messy for me, especially with the curly dollops of mayo everywhere. mebbe a macro shot of the sushi topping might work better.

in pic #4, only the top right quadrant appears to be in focus. perhaps you can try taking a shot from directly above the plate, so that everything on the plate can be in focus.
Hi uncle,
Nice of you to comment on my photos again. :)
Seems like everyone prefers the 1st 2 photos. Actually me also. Haha.
I wanna go into food abstracts. Wonder who can help me... :sweat:

lil_princess said:
I didnt use flash at all. At where I was seated, there was this spotlight, so I used that as my lighting only. Elsewhere, it was rather dim.
Yeah, can tell u didn't use flash ... That's why the lighting was good :thumbsup: :)

lil_princess said:
Hi uncle,
Nice of you to comment on my photos again. :)
Seems like everyone prefers the 1st 2 photos. Actually me also. Haha.
I wanna go into food abstracts. Wonder who can help me... :sweat:

i think quite simple for u... u just have to ask...

anybody free for a date? ;p :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.