Sun, Heron & Fish

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

Mar 6, 2003
East of Singapore
www.gorgeousfeathers.com
Finally good old warm sunlight again after so many days of rain.
Taken on saturday afternoon during the low tide at the usual Grey Herons hangout place.

600mm, F8, 1/2000s , -0.7EV, ISO 400, Matrix metering, Auto-WB
Resized_DSC7821.jpg

Cheers !

Very nice shot...... Is this from Sungei Bulol? Sorry, newbie not sure where the usual Grey Heron hangout is. When I was at Sungei Bulol, I didn't see any of the "hideouts" that are so low or close to water level; how do you manage to shoot from that angle? Cheers.

Thanks Raptor84, PE & Red-I for the kind compliments.

Red-I : This was taken at Seletar Dam, Yishun area, around Seletar Airport. During low tide, you can see lots of Grey herons feeding there.

I was actually sitting on the sea bed (rather a big piece of rock) shooting this low angle shot. Bum will definately be wet :D

Nice catch, pity I didn't go down :cry:

Thanks Harlequin for sharing with this newbie. :)

Will also take note... must wear waterproof pants.....

Cheers

Thanks eawtan and Madcat for the kind compliments.

Red-I : no worries mate...anytime ! Actually you can bring along a field chair and sit down and wait for the birds to come closer. The closest I had with the Herons was about 5m !!

Nicely captured, Philip.:thumbsup: I've not been there - is that normally the sort of BG available?

cartgate said:
Nicely captured, Philip.:thumbsup: I've not been there - is that normally the sort of BG available?
Thanks cartgate.

The bg there is dark brown sea mud (sand). Plus the dark green trees right at the back can cause the water to be a bit dark too.

What i've noticed is that when you turn just like 20 degrees left, the lighting is different again.

Thanks for the tip Harlequin. Cheers.

Status
Not open for further replies.