Sun-bathed Crimson Sunbird

Status
Not open for further replies.

Harlequin

Mar 6, 2003
East of Singapore
www.gorgeousfeathers.com
Was out at MOG this afternoon.

Have not been shooting this beautiful bird for a long while.

The bird was lighted by the sun from the left. Only used fill-flash for the front.

34682222-abcd-02580190-.jpg

nice to see that you are back to the baiscs of avian photography... sunbirds!! Maybe we should organize an outing just to shoot sunbirds... we can invite the newbies who has been asking to tag along for outings... what do you think?? ;)

Madcat II said:
nice to see that you are back to the baiscs of avian photography... sunbirds!! Maybe we should organize an outing just to shoot sunbirds... we can invite the newbies who has been asking to tag along for outings... what do you think?? ;)
Didn't know that sunbirds was a starter bird for avian photography.

Sure we can organise one. Maybe this weekend. MOG or BG can be a good starting point.

Any takers ?

Nice shot, Harlequin. The crimson sunbird is indeed a beautiful bird. But really tiny in size. :confused:

Madcat II said:
Good idea Jason. Sunbirds make a good first subject for newbie avian photogs, as they are commonly found in most parks and at eye-level as they like to feed on flowering shrubs and heliconias. I second MOG, its a good place to take 'em. ;)

I think BG would be better as it is in town and no entrance fee.

MOG is far away , next to the zoo and cost S$3.00 per head. May not be that accessible for everyone.

Nice shot... :thumbsup:

MOG ???? May I know where is it?

can i join in at SBG? saturday or sunday?

Hello Garion,

So sad that I cannot make it on saturday, I got a class to teach. Any outing on sunday instead? would really like to learn so new things. :cry:

regards,
tm

Status
Not open for further replies.