Summer's over

Status
Not open for further replies.

antere

Dec 16, 2002
North Eastern end of SG
Visit site
Finally a sunny day after a long time but as I get to the beach, the weather turns gloomy again...

Feel free to C&C. :)

Summer-is-over-_Small_.jpg

I have a question... It seems like the colors are washed out, but your theme "summer is over" makes me think this washed out feel is what you were after. I like the feel of the picture, so I'm just wondering how you come to decide on this feel. I think I would just ruin the picture if I tried to do this same kind of thing.

Hey Pacer. Yup, I was trying to achieve this colour tone to depict the gloomy weather at that time. The actual picture was definitely more vibrant. Photoshop was used to change all that.

I can't really remember the exact things I've done to achieve this, but I've mainly reduced colour saturation of the picture and also some burning/dodging. Some change in the contrast and levels was done too. It's not alot of steps but it'll take some trial and error to get the correct feel. Perhaps you can give it a try as well. :)

I'm up for trying new effects. I'm definitely an amature with PS, but it never hurts to play around. I guess that's how you learn. Thanks for the info.

Status
Not open for further replies.