Summer Palace in winter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Catatac

Deregistered
Dec 22, 2007
Its winter in Beijing right now. So, I thought it would be a good time to visit the Summer Palace as there wouldnt be many people. I took this in mid-morning using my M8 and CV 35/1.7m. C&C welcome pls.

p339888579-4.jpg

Nice place. But I find the roof on the right is a distraction. And did you crop the buildings out and performed some PP? The pagoda has an outline...this is wat I feel.:)

i think the roof on the right is good to be included. it kinda gives it scale as well as help to frame the shot together with the tree on the left.

Other than this shot, i will prob take a close up of the partially snow-covered roof.

not bad actually .. good attempt ...

maybe you do alittle PP to bring out the details of the pegoda?
This gives more meaning to the picture as it will have a more defined primary "subject" . =)

Thanks for the clarification.:) I find the weather (foggy) made those already dark roofs and pagoda look like their details were forced out with shadow/highlight function. I find a little contrast may help. Those cables are reall misleading.....I would "clean" them away, just personal preference.:)

The roof on the right was meant to give a sense of gradation in scale as your eyes draw from right to left. No cropping or PP actually. The outline is an electric cable which circumnavigates the structure.

Hi nemesis32, for framing, I agree its nice....but for scale, I think the windows (typical size)of the pagoda do a better job than a roof which really can be of any size in really life....what do you think?

i think the roof on the right is good to be included. it kinda gives it scale as well as help to frame the shot together with the tree on the left.

And yah, I am really interested with the partially snow-covered roof....and I just can't help keep looking at the roof on the right loh......that's why I find the roof is a distraction for the entire pic....I don't know, may be only I have this problem.:bsmilie:

Other than this shot, i will prob take a close up of the partially snow-covered roof.

There could be more pop to the photo if I pp it a bit more ;). I try not to do too much pp as I dont wish to spend some much time doing pp per photo esp when you have 000s to process. have a huge backlog :confused:

Status
Not open for further replies.