Summer is over...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Trashian

Jul 13, 2005
Taken this shot in the evening, before the sky went into darkness. Am hoping to hear C & C on how I could do better. Thank you.

Tel_Aviv_Beach_by_trashiez.jpg

beautiful pic. love the color graduation and the ppl in the foreground.
only thing is u could have done a pano would be so much better.

beautiful pic. love the color graduation and the ppl in the foreground.
only thing is u could have done a pano would be so much better.

Thank you for your comments. Personally, I like this pic too. The color graduation is probably due to the timing the shot was taken.

Pardon me. What's a pano?

Its kinda grainy and suffers from camera shake. Too under exposed for my liking. Composition wise, it is very bland perhaps there is no subject of interest and your image is split half half. Rem rule of thirds as a guide. And pano is panoramic.

personally i think this is a bad picture, other than the beautiful color

the people blend with the waves in shadow, rendering masses of blotchy shadows that do not resemble anything human, which kind of defeats the purpose. perhaps a moment where people were clear of the waves and against the bright part of the waves would be better.. patience is key in getting a great shot. if you can't get it, then do it another way. another approach would be to bring out the details of the people, though i expect this would be hard to achieve without hdr

besides that, there is a certain softness about the picture as mentioned by yehosaphat. the umbrellas at the bottom right, along with your extremely obiang watermark (make it smaller please) really irritate me

hope you take this well as an honest comment, if you don't see it as such, then i guess do not take it at all, cheers

personally i think this is a bad picture, other than the beautiful color

the people blend with the waves in shadow, rendering masses of blotchy shadows that do not resemble anything human, which kind of defeats the purpose. perhaps a moment where people were clear of the waves and against the bright part of the waves would be better.. patience is key in getting a great shot. if you can't get it, then do it another way. another approach would be to bring out the details of the people, though i expect this would be hard to achieve without hdr

besides that, there is a certain softness about the picture as mentioned by yehosaphat. the umbrellas at the bottom right, along with your extremely obiang watermark (make it smaller please) really irritate me

hope you take this well as an honest comment, if you don't see it as such, then i guess do not take it at all, cheers

I am grateful of your critiques and look forward to receiving more. I do agree that it takes a lot of patience to achieve a great shot.

Btw, apologies for the distraction (i.e. watermark). Hope you are the only one who gets irritated by it. :bsmilie:

pano -> panoramic picture (long ones)

i think with this pic, sharpness and control is unimpt.
but the feel of the picture, the colors... ahhhh that's the beautiful part

dun believe, print it out.

firstly, as every1 said, nice colours. and to add a damn straight horizon as well *thumbs up*

but, to me, i feel that this is just a snapshot, with no subject(s) in mind. the horizon is in the middle, so what are you trying to show?

the beautiful sky? or the people on the beach?

firstly, as every1 said, nice colours. and to add a damn straight horizon as well *thumbs up*

but, to me, i feel that this is just a snapshot, with no subject(s) in mind. the horizon is in the middle, so what are you trying to show?

the beautiful sky? or the people on the beach?

Glad u like the colors. i can't deny that this is a snapshot (taken while on my way for dinner ;)). But what enticed me to take out my camera to snap is the reflections i saw on the low tide waters and the beautiful sky.

Status
Not open for further replies.