Summer in Taiwan

Exposure

Apr 6, 2008
hi hi, has anyone done travel photography during summer in Taiwan? heard that the day hours are longer which is good but the weather is very hot. Any advice ?:sweat:

hi hi, has anyone done travel photography during summer in Taiwan? heard that the day hours are longer which is good but the weather is very hot. Any advice ?:sweat:

I just came back from Taipei and had a rainy week. Its very hot and humid (worst then Singapore) and there be times when the rain cloud is just hanging above. The grey hours are longer, and gives you a good chance to take some good evening/sunset photos. (Some areas are good for sunrise, some are sunset, check the maps) If you got good weather, you can cycle to Tamsui.

If its raining, avoid the mountain areas as it be super cloudy and you can't see through the cloud.

Weather sealed camera is adviced :p (I took the EM1+12-40)

Here's some timelapse of JiuFen - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jLrcBcxHIH0 and http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VyuPQDixNTs to give you an idea of the mountain clouds.

Summer time is extremely rainy. just go and enjoy the holiday. dont bother abt getting good sunrise sunset at this specific location at this specific time, you will be disappointed. just shoot whatever is presented to you. nice pics will come randomly.

I ve been there 5 times over 3-4 mths

Last edited:
I came back about 2 weeks ago, not sure if it was their summer. When it is not raining, it is hot like Singapore. When it rain, better not go up the mountains. Also flash floods are common in some areas. For raining days, probably shopping is the way to go. If you plan to take photo, I suggest to bring a rain coat.

Summer time is extremely rainy. just go and enjoy the holiday. dont bother abt getting good sunrise sunset at this specific location at this specific time, you will be disappointed. just shoot whatever is presented to you. nice pics will come randomly.

I ve been there 5 times over 3-4 mths

u r there doing wedding photography? Taiwan has a lot of nice landscapes for wedding photography

I came back about 2 weeks ago, not sure if it was their summer. When it is not raining, it is hot like Singapore. When it rain, better not go up the mountains. Also flash floods are common in some areas. For raining days, probably shopping is the way to go. If you plan to take photo, I suggest to bring a rain coat.

yes, it is their summer, from June until August, then typhoon season for 1-2 months before WINTER.

u r there doing wedding photography? Taiwan has a lot of nice landscapes for wedding photography

no, i went there for vacation and live like a local. yes, taiwan has superb superb landscapes. my favorite is the people there. extremely friendly, kind and show great hospitality

Last edited:
it is summer rains season now..