Status
Not open for further replies.

deslim27

May 23, 2003
SG
Visit site
Sulhan,

A thought just pop out of mind..

Can we have a sticky post name "Sample Pictures of Minolta Mount Lenses".

We can keep all lenses link at the first post of the thread for quick reference, and each lens can start its own thread with sample photos shot with it.

-> Sample Pictures (sticky thread)
-> 28-75 (single thread)
-> pic1,2 by user1 (post)
-> pic3,4 by user2 (post)
-> 70-210/4 (single thread)
-> pic1,2 by user3 (post)
-> pic3,4 by usee4 (post)
-> 50/1.4
-> pic..

What you guys think of it? :)

deslim27 said:
Sulhan,

We can keep all lenses link at the first post of the thread for quick reference, and each lens can start its own thread with sample photos shot with it.

-> 28-75 (single thread)
-> 50/1.4
-> pic..

hmm also can, den use sulhan's hosting plan! :thumbsup:

photos can use free image hosts such as ImageShack. They won't delete the photos. or upload to your own gallery space in clubsnap.

Drudkh said:
photos can use free image hosts such as ImageShack. They won't delete the photos. or upload to your own gallery space in clubsnap.

Don, you want to start the main thread? Cos now you're the most regular here.. kekeke.. So either you or Sulhan can add in additional new lens thread whenever anyone started one.

deslim27 said:
Sulhan,

-> 28-75 (single thread)
-> 50/1.4
-> pic..

Hi Des...

Great Idea......but.....look at this thread...http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=150657 listed are the lens for KM.....imagine if we have all listed for samples...well...then you will see the first few pages of the threads will be listing lens....

Well...there are many websites already doing that ...but not in a consolidated effort type of thing...Dyxum is one of them trying...with user "updatable" tools...
In CS...my usual way is to use the search tool.....it works 99% of the time...
The CS admin has put lots of effort in enabling the CS portal to be as efficient as possible.
I guess..the tools provided so far has been great..

So...i guess....we'll stick to those for now...while i htink of what i can do..

rgds,
sulhan

Drudkh said:

i'm thinking of uploading those taken direct from camera shots, i think most gallery will do downsizing or compression. hence lost of quality.

Del_CtrlnoAlt said:
i'm thinking of uploading those taken direct from camera shots, i think most gallery will do downsizing or compression. hence lost of quality.
Bandwidth is an issue here. Like my website has a monthly limit of 1GB, not sure about Sulhan's. If there are many people keep downloading, in no time, our websites will not be online.

sulhan said:
Hi Des...

Great Idea......but.....look at this thread...http://forums.clubsnap.org/showthread.php?t=150657 listed are the lens for KM.....imagine if we have all listed for samples...well...then you will see the first few pages of the threads will be listing lens....

No no.. not one sticky for each lens, just one sticky to anchor the main link at the top. Each lens can create its own thread (non-sticky), and just update the thread url to the main link.

I would think we are closer here at CS, which most of SG user visit and post regularly (Frankly, I seldom go dyxum.com). I've seen some lenses posts for the last few days, it just a waste if those posts sink to the bottom of the long thread list and eventually forgotten.

Method of posting and sharing is free form, where it is stored, resize or not, post processed or not, it depends on the original poster's purpose of the post. it just take a little effort for the poster to update the lens thread with his/her image link, and that's all.

p.s. I've seen this method works in one of the china forum, it seems to work very well. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.