Suitable Nikkon Lens

Status
Not open for further replies.

GeNeZ

Mar 27, 2007
the little black dot
Err...
I'll be getting a D80 soon....
And i'm wondering whether i should just get the body and get a lens that is suitable for walkabouts..... Or should i just get a D80 kit and slowly work on my needs?
Is 18-200mm suitable? :dunno:
And how much can the kit lens zoom?
3x? :dunno:

Err...
I'll be getting a D80 soon....
And i'm wondering whether i should just get the body and get a lens that is suitable for walkabouts..... Or should i just get a D80 kit and slowly work on my needs?
Is 18-200mm suitable? :dunno:
And how much can the kit lens zoom?
3x? :dunno:

kit lens is 18-125..so 125/18 is about 7x zoom..it is quite okie for a walkabout..the common advice you will get from everyone here is, stick with the kit lens, see which range you like to shoot and then work from there. No use jumping into specific lens from the start.

18-200 would make a very good walk about lens, basically you can keep that lens on forever(for most people..). However it is quite costly if you are talking about the nikon one, but comes with VR. The lens has its disadvantages though, there are many threads here that talk about it and you can do a search on it. It would be a choice between its convenience and the average picture quality you will be getting.

kit lens is 18-125..so 125/18 is about 7x zoom..it is quite okie for a walkabout..the common advice you will get from everyone here is, stick with the kit lens, see which range you like to shoot and then work from there. No use jumping into specific lens from the start.

18-200 would make a very good walk about lens, basically you can keep that lens on forever(for most people..). However it is quite costly if you are talking about the nikon one, but comes with VR. The lens has its disadvantages though, there are many threads here that talk about it and you can do a search on it. It would be a choice between its convenience and the average picture quality you will be getting.

the disadvantages more then the advantages

so keep your 18-135.

once funds are enough than get better glass.

Since you guys said that Nikon's 18-200 VR lens is very costly...
Then what about thrid party de? Like Sigma, Tamron etc etc:::
Plus also need to buy the adapter.. Right?

Since you guys said that Nikon's 18-200 VR lens is very costly...
Then what about thrid party de? Like Sigma, Tamron etc etc:::
Plus also need to buy the adapter.. Right?

just choose the mount.

we are not a fun of 11x zoom lens, its just too much.

3x zoom to prime are the best.

there are tons of ppl who rave about how bad the 18-200 is, and these are the ppl who have never used it before. this lens is hard to come by and for a walk-about lens, it's perfect. u get a good range, good shots, low flares and ca... there are shortcomings, e.g. the build quality and lens creep, but lens optics are good. and since this is a zoom lens, dun compare with primes optics. u want a quality opinion about the 18-200, test it urself at the shops, if u can find one.

since the d80 is gonna be ur first buy, stick with the 18-135. good enough till u master ur cam and cam techniques, which are more impt than the lens u carry... e.g. composition...

no, u dun need a adapter with the 3rd party lens, just buy the lens with the required mount. is cheaper, but lower resale value and optics can't compare with the oem stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.