Suitable lens and camera body for Wedding Photography

elainegoh

Jan 5, 2011
Hi, I would like to find out what are the lens suitable for wedding photography, and is a Canon 550D ideal for the shoot?
Currently, I've only got Canon 55-250mm, Canon 50mm f1.8, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 and Nissin Di622 24-105mm external flash. Would like to have some info and suggestion for assistance. Thanks~

If based on the lenses that you have, I'll go with the tamron 17-50

Btw, whose wedding is it? Shooting for family/friends or hired as a photographer?

The gear sounds ok but the person does not.

Sorry.

Just for sharing. I had use 550d with tamron 17-50 & nissin I866 for 2 wedding. It turns out to be quite good.

Hi, I would like to find out what are the lens suitable for wedding photography, and is a Canon 550D ideal for the shoot?
Currently, I've only got Canon 55-250mm, Canon 50mm f1.8, Tamron 17-50mm f2.8 and Nissin Di622 24-105mm external flash. Would like to have some info and suggestion for assistance. Thanks~

All cameras are suitable, most lenses are suitable, but are your skill suitable if you need to ask this?

Wedding photography is 20% equipment and 80% other talents, skills, knowledge... So if you need to ask about the 20% what about the other topics? Skills can make up for some shortfalls in gear, but equipment will never help when the skills are not there. Read up in Photo Biz, plenty of discussions about those 80% topics, see whether you are really up to it. Your camera is, no worries.

Wedding photography is 20% equipment and 80% other talents, skills, knowledge... So if you need to ask about the 20% what about the other topics? Skills can make up for some shortfalls in gear, but equipment will never help when the skills are not there. Read up in Photo Biz, plenty of discussions about those 80% topics, see whether you are really up to it. Your camera is, no worries.

You left out one thing bro... Wedding photography is a lot about attitude as well.

may I ask you, if you already have a 5D MKIII, 35f1.4, 24-70f2.8, 70-200f2.8 and a 600 EX

what questions will you ask for shooting a wedding?

maybe TS is hoping to rent out her gear as a backup , for a pro's newly acquired assistant...

otherwise, if it is her first time, I hope she has got a mentor or assisting an experienced pro as an assistant photographer...

TS:
This just shows that You dontknow your gear well..and might not know what you're doing as well.

You left out one thing bro... Wedding photography is a lot about attitude as well.

If some uncle or auntie at the wedding say "ooi, hello", "come here take photo for us"

You need to be humble and respond to the request, can't say "I am an artist, not a camera boy"