Suggestions for Places to Go in Brunei

Status
Not open for further replies.

kuantoh

Feb 7, 2007
Pasir Ris / Tampines
Will be going to Brunei for work for about 11days. May have 1 or 2 days to spare for R&R if possible.

Anyone has been there be4? Heard about the palace. Anywhere else with good photography oppurtunities? Streets? :dunno:

Will be going to Brunei for work for about 11days. May have 1 or 2 days to spare for R&R if possible.

Anyone has been there be4? Heard about the palace. Anywhere else with good photography oppurtunities? Streets? :dunno:

You may wish to check this out
http://www.airasia.com/site/my/en/destinationCity.jsp?id=&reference=BWN&property=dynAttraction&nav=

I never been there; but I read the AirAsia magazine before (Travel 3Sixty) features about Brunei. The jungle is part of the main attraction.

to be really honest... there really nothing much there... but if u can... head over to empire hotel... sunset there is pretty good... for street and candids... maybe bandar seri bagawan or gadong...

went to brunei during my army dazes. Theres some museums, but usually no photography is allowed inside.

I remember there is a national mosque. Wasn't there also air kampong? But you will be stretching it.

all based on my army training days..

- temburong area is mostly forested.
- jerudong play park, big and secluded, but quite fun actually
- water taxi
- the rest forgotten liao

Probably sound bias but I think you'll get to see lots of "unexpected treasures" in Brunei. Several mosques, the Sultan Omar Ali Saifuddien and the Jame' Asr to name two of the bigger mosque. Kg Ayer (Water village) has several places, locations of interest, you can take a boat taxi to make a round around the village.

Flickr is a good site to look for sample photos of Brunei.

Hope you have a good time in Brunei :)

Thanks for all the inputs... heading back sg tml... did went temburong but did not have time to really visit the forest trail and trek. Went back bandar and gadong and juz spent 1 or 2 days walking around and took some pics of the mosques etc. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.