Suggestions for places to capture light trails (of vehicles) at night.

alirasheed

May 30, 2011
East
Hi guys, I'm interested in capturing the light trails of moving vehicles from a slightly elevated location. Would like your suggestions for some places that can be easily accessed. Most people would suggest an overhead bridge, if you have any particular one in mind please let me know which area. I am specially interested in some place where I can incorporate some well-lit buildings as a background.

Also, I plan to go to Pinnacle @ Duxton for some night shots. If anyone has been there and has some pics to share it would be nice. Would like to know what kinda view to expect from there.

it's actually quite... a boring place. quite windy so you'll need a heavy tripod.

for light trails you can try boat quay

TS,
do you mean something like this?
O_headBridge_03s.jpg

:dunno:
In order to incorporate well-lit buildings, probably somewhere in the city centre area (eg. around Raffles City, Esplanade, CBD area) is preferred.

hmm anywhere with car moving is good? suntec? theres a bridge somewhere? i cannot rem hha

hmm anywhere with car moving is good? suntec? theres a bridge somewhere? i cannot rem hha

Yeah I suppose as long as the traffic flow is moderate, should be fine.
Suntec.... yes there's an overhead bridge between Convention Hall and Marina Sq. Foot traffic is quite heavy there though. They might not take too kindly to someone setting up a tripod there... ;p

Appreciate the heads up for Duxton Kei1309.
@Zerocool and catchlights, yes this is what I am looking for. I think I'll need to walk around first and see a suitable place to get the buildings in the background as well.
Thanks for the help everyone!

expressways is the best.

if u want, u can even sneak into CTE (but dun get caught).

Here's a photo I shot a few months back:

5455872125_ca0ea91c3a.jpg

i am still on the lookout where i can shoot expressways with darker surroundings.

expressways is the best.

5455872125_ca0ea91c3a.jpg

i am still on the lookout where i can shoot expressways with darker surroundings.

Wah risky business :)

no risk no gain :p at least not much ppl in sg had shot inside CTE :x

definitely... good job! :thumbsup:
Better not leave evidence online about your 'misdeed', else the men in blue might come knocking on your door ;)

no risk no gain :p at least not much ppl in sg had shot inside CTE :x

Many cameras installed in CTE,.. good luck if you going to do it next time.

expressways is the best.

try walk deeper into the tunnel and take lar.. :devil:

btw, I will go and take inside the tunnel.... someday....but in another way......;)

Alexandra Road near Alexandra Hospital and AIA building, overlooking Ayer Rajar Expressway
Google map

try walk deeper into the tunnel and take lar.. :devil:

btw, I will go and take inside the tunnel.... someday....but in another way......;)

hmm the deeper i go is here... but try not to go too far... cos very hard to get out later lol

183403_10150093286997523_688242522_6271066_1418154_n.jpg

here's taken near an overhead bridge near Toa Payoh. I stayed there for 1 hour place taking numerous shots... passerbys walking pass me thought I am screwloose haha

184859_10150098819102523_688242522_6326742_8189220_n.jpg

183600_10150098819232523_688242522_6326745_4342462_n.jpg

184787_10150098819192523_688242522_6326744_4559246_n.jpg

Last edited:
Alexandra Road near Alexandra Hospital and AIA building, overlooking Ayer Rajar Expressway
Google map

be aware everytime the heavy buses lumber by, the road will have vibrations and there goes ur long exposure..
perhaps the foot bridges nearby which oso overlooks the expressway is a better idea..