Suggestions for May Outing.

pinholecam

Staff member
Jul 23, 2007
Lets start the ideas coming early so that we have more time to plan ahead and more folks can put the outing on their schedules.

Like last outing, I'll try to rope in one of the experts in the genre of photography we will be doing for the outing to do a sharing session.

We also briefly talked about doing the outing overseas (M'sia) so lets keep that in the discussion too.

Suggestions from me :

Local
------
1. Night macro
2. Take some Pentaxian portraits (basic lighting techniques and equipment; Just need to dress up a little; Maybe build up to a paid model shoot later in the year once everyone has the skills/confidence )
3. Disappearing places (old buildings; playgrounds; estates ; schedules for redevelopment )

Overseas
----------
1. Muar
2. Bintan (not the resort area; Tanjong Pinang, Trikora beach, etc) ( I can arrange through a friend)

Hmmm... I like the idea of portrait shooting! :D

Environmental portraiture which may then be extremely useful when our outing steps up to overseas trip! :D

Portraits !!!

I think the previous two outings were cityscape and landscape (though the latter didn't quite happen) so I think it should be portrait or macro. Night macro might be difficult for those who wants to join but not frequent shooters of macro?

Thanks JK for the heads up. I really hope we can do the outing in the long weekend of 24-26 as its when the school exams finish. It'd be pretty hard for us w schooling kids to attend if its before that :(.

FYI, there's a cosplay/dragon boat festival on the 18 & 19. Not sure if I'll be attending though.
Marina Bay Regatta 2013

Pretty good option for free models for portraits. :)

Thanks JK for the heads up. I really hope we can do the outing in the long weekend of 24-26 as its when the school exams finish. It'd be pretty hard for us w schooling kids to attend if its before that :(.

Sounds good.
I'm out on 11-12 too for the Sungei Leming trip organised by Micheal.

May got Labour Day (1 May) and Vesak Day (24 May) public holidays... got time to shoot.

Am going for "Orchard Fashion Runway 2013" this sat! Wonder anyone going ? ;)

I think the previous two outings were cityscape and landscape (though the latter didn't quite happen) so I think it should be portrait or macro. Night macro might be difficult for those who wants to join but not frequent shooters of macro?

or street shooting? I want to molest that Ricoh GR ;p

Seems like no one interested to shoot models...

I'm interested. But sad to say, I am not in SG.. Argh.. why the postpone to the date i am overseas.

I will enjoy taking photo more overseas!!

I'm interested. But sad to say, I am not in SG.. Argh.. why the postpone to the date i am overseas.

I will enjoy taking photo more overseas!!

Cool! At least still one person interested. Was pondering what lenses is good to use for this kind of lighting and range.... What lenses u normally use to shoot models like this? :)

can i join in with a pentax Q10?

can i join in with a pentax Q10?

Hi bro,

I am not too sure if u referring to the "Orchard Fashion Runway 2013". If u are, can pm me your sms and we can arrange to meet up. Would like to see and hopefully try this little gem in action especially this situation. :)

Cool! At least still one person interested. Was pondering what lenses is good to use for this kind of lighting and range.... What lenses u normally use to shoot models like this? :)

Hey, don't mind me giving my opinion. It's best to bring at least a 50mm prime along with a zoom.

Why zoom? Coz first time, dunno the space and location so get a feel and you'll roughly know what are the ideal lens for you next time. :)

Why 50mm is recommended? Coz "ideally" it converts to a nice FL for all-rounded model/portrait shoots; zoom with your feet. Unless you know the place is gonna be as small as a hotel room? Hehee!

Most fashion runway lighting are good but since this is on the street i am not too sure about it. bring a fast lens use it if lighting is good then stop down for deeper DOF. Do an "ambushed", find a nice angel when model walk into your frame just snap. full body and 3/4 shots will be acceptable.

what lenses do you have first? no use if i suggest a 50-135 or 70-200 if you dun have them :)

what lenses do you have first? no use if i suggest a 50-135 or 70-200 if you dun have them :)

Sadly speaking, I dun have much lenses at the moment( yet prices are going up!). But I am quite interested in the 70-200mm. Heard the Tamron f.2.8 one is good enough for outdoor portraits! I guess I will learn to shoot using zone focus method this time round. :)