Suggestions for May Outing.

In the morning yesterday, I was at the Marina Bay...
8753937318_2858991709_b.jpg

8752812209_265fa4d3cc_b.jpg

All taken with the Tammy 70 200. You know what? - I will definitely keep the wonderful lens!

Thanks for viewing!

Last edited:
In the morning, I was at the Marina Bay...

All taken with the Tammy 70 200. You know what? - I will definitely keep the wonderful lens!

Thanks for viewing!

How's the weather there in the morning? It is a very hot day today when I was playing soccer at Yishun..ZZzz

Was there during Saturday for the Cosplay.. Lucky the weather was kind.. Aint that bad.. hee.
Some shots...

1. Special Guest for the DBS Marina Regatta.

2. Cosplay on stage.

3.Out in the open outside the Village stage..

4. We chased a Canadian Pentaxian and chat with him. Have a group photo taken by Doyle. Ahem.. dunno when he will share..

5. The sunset...

Wow, nice shots, crystal clear! What lens did you use?
I was there yesterday morning. not today. Weather was nice. I just stayed there for an hour. Didn't wait for the president and the cosplay.

Last edited:
great pix of airborne action, Andrew! Yeah we were so close that one of the competitors came crashing into the plastic safety barrier just a metre or 2 away..:eek:

Yes. I saw that crash. A bit off and it could have hit you. Luckily no one was injured. Of course being the "alert" photographer I was. I could only stare in awe of the crash sequence and did not even raise my camera to shoot it.

Looking thru my photos, I realized that I stayed too long in one spot. So I had many similar photos of different riders but doing the same actions. Note to myself, to need to mix it up and move around the location to get different angles and shots.

So some of the slightly more varied shots,

Some crashes that I was lucky to be able to shoot, Though not the best in terms of capturing the action

#1 This rider was injured in the arm and had to be brought to the medical station. He was in some pain and I did not know if he was able to continue.

8752979681_9400dc16aa_c.jpg

#2 This rider stood up after the crash and manage to continue. As I said this are a gutsy bunch. some of crashes look bad but they get back up and continue

8752979849_87f4067398_c.jpg

#3 Tried panning, not as easy as I thought... 99% of the time was poorly captured.

8752979979_8bd5f2a663_c.jpg

#4 Finally, dragged myself to another area to shoot.

8754104522_91ebbfbc3d_c.jpg

Wow, nice shots, crystal clear! What lens did you use?
I was there yesterday morning. not today. Weather was nice. I just stayed there for an hour. Didn't wait for the president and the cosplay.

Opps.. I thought this morning.. haha. paiseh paiseh..

Why must the event all falls on the same date. I was also interested in trying out Red bull Dark Knights.. Action photography .. hee..

I was using CZ28, FA50 and FA85 for the Cosplay Event..

Why must the event all falls on the same date. I was also interested in trying out Red bull Dark Knights.. Action photography .. hee..

Actually I like to bundle a few activities together. For some of them, I am curious only, and just want to take a look, shoot a few shots, and leave...
For Red Bull Dark Knights, we didn't wait till night time where I heard those real professionals will show their skill. I found it quite boring after an hour there, if not because of the 2 nice companions, I would have left earlier:)

Looking thru my photos, I realized that I stayed too long in one spot. So I had many similar photos of different riders but doing the same actions. Note to myself, to need to mix it up and move around the location to get different angles and shots.

So some of the slightly more varied shots,

Some crashes that I was lucky to be able to shoot, Though not the best in terms of capturing the action

#3 Tried panning, not as easy as I thought... 99% of the time was poorly captured.

8752979979_8bd5f2a663_c.jpg

Nice try Andrew. What shutter speed did you use?

When I saw the 2 lenses you were using, was wondering if you were the gentleman who was using the white K30 standing besides me. That gentleman used an FA85 and later changed to FA50. Was chatting with him as a fellow K30 owner.

Nice shots btw.

When I saw the 2 lenses you were using, was wondering if you were the gentleman who was using the white K30 standing besides me. That gentleman used an FA85 and later changed to FA50. Was chatting with him as a fellow K30 owner.

Nice shots btw.

Yup Yup, that's me.. :) Hope I was not blocking you too much during the stage shots. :X

Saw ur old post and noticed that actually we have also went for the same outing for the 135mm photo outing... Just that maybe we did not get to chat much. hee...
http://www.clubsnap.com/forums/pentax-ricoh/877953-135mm-sniper-photo-outing-share-your-photos.html

Nice try Andrew. What shutter speed did you use?

Sorry Greg did not reply you earlier. It was 1/90 I think. Maybe should have tried a slightly slower speed to increase the background motion feel.