Suggestions for Equip addons.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Azmi

Oct 13, 2004
With my camera..hee
Hi, I'm quite new here. Been surfing here for a while and notice lots of great advice too. I've been hooked on photography since secondary school, now married with kid on the way so can't really spent so much. Doing some freelance weddings photography for friends and already an "official" photographer(mostly outdoors) at work. So I'm now looking at upgrading/adding on to my stuff. What would you guys suggest I get first? :confused: :dunno:

Current stuff :Normally shooting with D70 kit w 18-70mm....hmmm that's all.
But my old Minolta Dynax 500si + zoom & macro lens + dedicated flash in dry cabinet. :what:

Appreciate all the advice. Thanks & Cheers :thumbsup: :)

Since you do quite a bit of photo taking that requires wide angle, maybe u can consider a replacement for your kit lens -- get the AFS 17-35 mm f2.8. It will improve image quality.

If you do not have a flash, go for SB800. Get a larger bag to put in your new accessories. A 50 mm f1.8 will also come in handy in very low light conditions.

Hi Azmi... welcome to clubsnap!
btw im staying at bukit batok too... ;)

since you're doing event shoots you might need a flash unit, probably an SB600 or SB800. future purchases should be wide angle lens, tele zoom lens, macro lens, portrait lens, etc etc.. it never ends..

rusty said:
since you're doing event shoots you might need a flash unit, probably an SB600 or SB800. future purchases should be wide angle lens, tele zoom lens, macro lens, portrait lens, etc etc.. it never ends..

Since your lens is still serving you well, you may want to consider the flash first as Rusty suggested. And if you're getting one, make sure the head can tilt so you can get some 'bounced' flash. For a (really) long while I didn't like using flash because the pictures didin't look natural enough... until my friend showed me the effect of bouncing the flash off the ceiling. Got one really soon after that :bsmilie:

Thanks for all the advice! :bsmilie:
I was considering the SB800 too. Thinking of getting a flash unit first then get a bag cos my current Lowepro Nova 3 holding all the cleaning kit stuff, charger and camera kit. Kinda cramped up now.
How about the Sigma EF500?? Is it good? The SB800 is about $700+ right? Any good place you guys can reccommend? :bsmilie:
Hmm...looking at the AF VR Zoom-Nikkor 80-400mm, think that'll be all the lens I'll need for outdoors? what you guys think?
Hmm...need to save up liao..hee
Anyway thanks again for all the great advice! Cheers!! :thumbsup: ;)

What a coincidence! Never saw much photographers around here. Guess you go snapping elsewhere rite...
Anyway, nice knowing you!! And thanks for the warm welcome! Cheers!

Azmi said:
Thanks for all the advice! :bsmilie:
I was considering the SB800 too. Thinking of getting a flash unit first then get a bag cos my current Lowepro Nova 3 holding all the cleaning kit stuff, charger and camera kit. Kinda cramped up now.
How about the Sigma EF500?? Is it good? The SB800 is about $700+ right? Any good place you guys can reccommend? :bsmilie:
Hmm...looking at the AF VR Zoom-Nikkor 80-400mm, think that'll be all the lens I'll need for outdoors? what you guys think?
Hmm...need to save up liao..hee
Anyway thanks again for all the great advice! Cheers!! :thumbsup: ;)

I thought a better choice will be 70-200VR, 'cos of its large and constant aperture. If that's not long enough, get a 1.6x TC. Even operate at two stops slower with TC, it is still better than 80-400 at the zoom end, i think.

If you like outdoor, how can you forget about the 12-24mm? :bsmilie:

Status
Not open for further replies.